New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sea Fire
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone heard from him? Haven't seen any posts by him in quite a while.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
A few of us had lunch with Seafire, here in Mesa Arizona last September. Since then he and I have emailed about a couple rifles. He told us he was now spending his time on 24 hour campfire, instead of here. Still we haven't chated for a couple months.

Jerry

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,
Thanks for the reply. He went to a lot of trouble with his Blue Dot loads and sadly most was not appreciated.
When you talk to him tell him Stepchild said howdy.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
He lives up in Oregon, I believe Grants Pass. I'll try to raise hime thru 24 hour campfire, and let you know. And yes the Blue Dot loads were not appreciated, although they were by me.Too many people these days, are namby pamby's, and they think the slightest load over max will blow up the gun. Haqndlaoders need to pay attention to their loading tecknique, otherwise a double charge of Blue Dot, and that may spell trouble. Just like using Bullseye in a handgun.

Jerry

Posts: 1297 | Location: Chandler arizona | Registered: 29 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Hi Stepchild. I sent Seafire a PM over on 24 Hour, he did a post at noon to day, FYI. I told him hi for you.

Jerry

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Eden:
He lives up in Oregon, I believe Grants Pass. I'll try to raise hime thru 24 hour campfire, and let you know. And yes the Blue Dot loads were not appreciated, although they were by me.Too many people these days, are namby pamby's, and they think the slightest load over max will blow up the gun. Haqndlaoders need to pay attention to their loading tecknique, otherwise a double charge of Blue Dot, and that may spell trouble. Just like using Bullseye in a handgun.

Jerry

His Blue Dot loads and advise through PM were ground breaking for me and BD has become one of my most appreciated powders.

20 VarTarg
6.5 GM
7x57
303 British
have all benefited from his data.
Mind you I did "meet" him on 24 hr and saw the BS that was levelled against his extensive research.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
Hello Folks...

Got a PM from Jerry over on 24 hour campfire...so thought I would drop in... Still alive and doing well...

as you can see, I am still a member over here, just don't log in very much...

all the BS was starting to get a little intense, more so than just the Blue Dot loads...

Still have a lot of good friends I left behind over here.. just to get away from the forum members who were driving me nuts with the piddly crap...

miss a lot of you guys...

I still have occasionally dropped in and read emails, usually asking for Blue Dot info which I usually respond to...

I do appreciate the kind words...very much...

best regards
john chr.
seafire

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to express my gratitude for all the work you did with BD and the .223. I use loads with your info. in my Ruger 77 and they shoot great. My rifle is sighted in 2" high at 100 yds. with full power loads and the loads using 9.0 of BD hit dead on at that range. A great reduced power load.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2292 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use them also, and have had great luck with them. Many thanks for sharing them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
John,
I'm glad to see you're alive and well and thanks to Jerry for relaying the message.
Best Wishes,

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Eden:

Jerry

Jerry, speaking of Bullseye, i've been loading Bullseye in .38 wadcutter loads and also .45 ACP.
Being a little paranoid about a double charge I charge the case and then stick a bullet in the case by hand, no way to double up that way.

Stepchild

NRA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
John, great to hear from you.
They ever get the turf wars sorted out at the Sportsmans Park?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
John,

Best to you from another refugee.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jerry Eden
posted Hide Post
Seafire: I'm glad you got back to the guys here. Thanks, I am not on AR much anymore either, once in a while.

Jerry

one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
thanks for the loads. I still use the blue dot 222 40gr on turkey
Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cold Trigger Finger
posted Hide Post
Yup. Everyone is a jack ass once in a while, some people are jack asses all the time.
Seafire is a great guy that really helped me out with the blue dot loads. . They turn a 223 into a real nice close range fox and lynx rifle.

Phil Shoemaker : "I went to a .30-06 on a fine old Mauser action. That worked successfully for a few years until a wounded, vindictive brown bear taught me that precise bullet placement is not always possible in thick alders, at spitting distances and when time is measured in split seconds. Lucky to come out of that lesson alive, I decided to look for a more suitable rifle."

Posts: 1934 | Location: Eastern Central Alaska | Registered: 15 July 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seafire's BD loads allow me to use a favorite .338 WM rifle on Texas deer and hogs with a potent but "low recoil" load. My six-pound .45-70 is pleasant to shoot a 300SP at 1500 fps using BD.....using a "normal" load makes it quite unpleasant to shoot. The use of BD allows me to shoot my M700 VLS in .260 Remington for extended sessions in hot weather without burning out the barrel.

BlueDot loads are not for everyone, but it is not up to a few paranoid self-important posters to police loads that others have shown to be safe. Poor reloading techniques are the cause of accidents, not the use of BlurDot.

Posts: 677 | Location: Arizona USA | Registered: 22 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TX Nimrod:
Seafire's BD
Wink Poor reloading techniques are the cause of accidents, not the use of BlurDot.

oldAMEN to that!!! beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Thanx to Seafire I have BD loads for

30 Herrett
30-30

7.7X58

30-06

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
thanks for the load data seafire

come back and keep us lined out

and thinking

that's what makes this space work

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used the BD reduced load for 22-250, taking it down to Hornet velocity. Worked great, same 0.75" group size. Only problem, it moved the POI down 5" and over 2.5" @ 100 yards and I didn't want to keep readjusting for different loads.

Posts: 291 | Location: Gettysburg, PA | Registered: 03 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Okay, Okay!!! We all know BD is wonderful. Where can I buy some? I have been looking for over a year. There is none to be found.

Bill

Posts: 36 | Location: greenville, sc | Registered: 27 January 2005Reply With Quote