Find
Notify
Tools

Some Hornets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Recently acquired 3 hornets.

A while back I got financially embarrassed and needed to rescue myself so I sold off a number of rifles.
One was the first Cooper I bought in 22 Hornet.

Here are some that have followed me home lately.

Cooper Model 38's in 17 Ackley Hornet, 19 Calhoon and 22 Hornet

and Kowabunga dude.......

the long and short of it. CZ 17 Hornady hornet and Cooper 22 Hornet.

17 Hornady Hornet, 17 Ackley Hornet, 19 Calhoon, 22 Hornet.

Looking forward to playing with these this fall.

Best,

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These days .22 Hornet brass is more important than the rifles.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Geedubya, I am happy for you that you are no longer Hornetless. Only one I ever had was a homely little Savage bolt gun, but it was a shooter. Yours are awfully handsome.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Coopers appear to be well-made and lovely little rifles. Why won't they put a magazine on them for the occasions when more than one shot at a time may present itself?

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Exquisite taste in firearms and cartridges.

NRA Patron Member

Posts: 404 | Location: Troy Michigan | Registered: 14 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got lucky at a gun show two years ago. There was this very clean Old Model 70 22 Hornet Carbine (SN:36xx) for sale. Not the trim little rifles like you have, but good for 1.25" groups at 100.
I stuck an older Leupold 10X fixed on it, and it has served me well early in the Ground Squirrel and Rock Chuck seasons since.

It amazes me these days of seven different action lengths, seemingly one for each cartridge family; that Winchester built one OM 70 action and made everything from the Hornet to the 375 H&H work properly.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My favorite 22 Hornet.....a Kimber Of Oregon S-Series.

Kevin

Posts: 409 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote