Find
Notify
Tools

Howa 1500
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
check out the little 223 I have for my daughter. She tells me that her favorite color is pink. I couldn't help myself...

Posts: 601 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
She'll just love it.

Pity you guys cannot easily obtain suppressors. My 10 yo grandson just loves using his Ruger All American 223 with a suppressor fitted. The barrel has been cropped to 16" with the suppressor coming back over the barrel to the tip of the fore-end. No recoil and only the crack of the supersonic bullet heard. His 8 yo sister has shot it too.

As an aside it is interesting looking at the Howa stock, the grip panel pattern and some features of the stock in general are identical to the stock on my Browning X-Bolt. Both Howa and Browning are made in Japan but I think different manufacturers, Browning is by Miroku. Maybe the stocks are made by the same manufacturer. Howa has a good reputation.

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ram Rod--Great choice, start youngsters out on mild recoil. Bullet right spot, that .223 is plenty for a deer if your daughter is inclined for such. I have 11 year old great grandsons (twins) and they are fairly big for their age. They have been doing very well with .222 and .223. I recently picked up a Remington 600 in .243 (not that they need to move up to bigger) that I'm debating about letting them try. I don't want to subject them to too much recoil and develop a flinch.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
can I borrow it?
asking for a friend.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope your daughter likes it.

My friend had to paint is daughters pink rifles black.

The 3 of said they hated pick.

Posts: 19354 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
That's a fine paint job. Hope she falls in love with it!
The small-action Howas are intriguing all right. I'd like to shoot one in 6.5 Grendel or 6mm ARC sometime.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16350 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I built my son one in 308 in the late 80s when all that Balkan trouble cut off the supply of Interarms bbl actions. It is a great shooting little rifle. Your daughter will love it!

Posts: 4187 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That rifle is a cute as they come! She should love it and it should shoot well for her.

I have 3 Howa mini's (20 Practical, .223 and 6.5 Grendel) and they're wonderful little actions. Mine have upgraded stocks, triggers and bottom metal and shortened detachable magazines.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got one of the carbon fiber super-lite ones in 6.5 Grendel, but my go-to hunting rifle is a standard Howa mini chambered in 375 SOCOM. I had to make the magazine for it.

Tony

Posts: 132 | Location: Inola, OK | Registered: 08 July 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
can I borrow it?
asking for a friend.

good one! made me chuckle!!! Big Grin

Posts: 601 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote