Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Precision
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted
Any of you have some experience and comments on the Ruger Precision. Condidering one in 6.5 creedmore.

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have a .308, a friend has both .308 and .243. His .243 did sub-1" for 5 at 240 yds even with his rings being way too low for my head, and was using low-price range factory 100 gr ammo. My .308 is in the 0.75 MOA range, but it wears a fixed 10X.

Triggers are very decent two-stage. No mechanical issues thus far. Barrel does not seem to copper up much.

Most reviews have been fairly positive. Reviews of the 6.5 have been very much so. I think they are pretty good values I pd an even $1k for mine. Don't like much Ruger stuff, but the RPR is an exception. They have issued a "new" "updated" model with "improvements". I call BS on that last term - they discovered they cannot make RPRs fast enough for demand, so are trying to up the profit margin.

Posts: 670 | Location: Dover-Foxcroft, ME | Registered: 25 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad you guys are having success with Rugers. I had a few 77s, 22/77s and four #1s. My experience is that Ruger and precision don't belong in the same sentence.
Hope they continue to perform for you.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
add a $60 brake and up the price $300. They American way.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Build a very good selling product and then match price to demand. The American Way. Thank God for Freedom to Succeed.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
here's a whole bunch of info for you

http://forums.accuratereloadin...1022351/m/3771081222

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the input.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”

One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
I have my Creedmoor RPR since three weeks. Loaded ammo only with my Dillon 650, without any woodoo.... Shoot groups with a cheap Leupold VX-I 3x12 about ~20mm @ 100m. It´s about 0,7MOA. A buddy have the RPR a little bit longer, shoots ~60mm groups @ 300m. Best group was unter 0,5MOA.
Last week, at Thusday he killed a red stack at 330m, with the excellent Nosler ballistic tip bullet, without escape.

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Here´s my best 3-shot group. Shot this morning at 100m, cleaned and cold barrel:

First handload with Ramshot Hunter behind a 123grs BTHP Sierra MK.

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
That is good shooting... and a good rifle. Thanks for posting and for the load information. I may make this a winter project.

Tom

-Edward, duke of York

Cogito ergo venor- KPete