New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 creedmoor ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
sight in information. 120 grain, 100 grain bullets. how high at 100 yds. for hunting out to 300 yds. thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JBM ballistics calculators are your friend and can answer all those sorts of questions.

Clarence

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pepper3:
sight in information. 120 grain, 100 grain bullets. how high at 100 yds. for hunting out to 300 yds. thanks

Go to the range or where ever & Shoot? Zero at 100 then shoot at 300 & measure the drop? Or get on the interweb imaginarium do all the calculations Then go shoot & find out what YOUR gun really does? tu2

Posts: 2350 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back before range finders and super accurate set ups we made it pretty simple. 3 inches high at a hundred and you would be close to 3 inches low at 300. Worked for most of the common calibers and it will work for you and the Creedmoor. JB

Posts: 376 | Location: USA | Registered: 26 March 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bghntr416:
Back before range finders and super accurate set ups we made it pretty simple. 3 inches high at a hundred and you would be close to 3 inches low at 300. Worked for most of the common calibers and it will work for you and the Creedmoor. JB

This^^^^^^

Zeke

one of us
posted Hide Post
In my experience, almost any hunting caliber, not counting the low and high speed extremes and using a middle of the road bullet weight, can be sighted in 1.5 inches high at 100 yrds and be on target at 200 and 4-5 inches low at 300.

That has worked for almost all my rifles for decades. Granted, I've never attempted a shot on game past 300 yards.

Posts: 179 | Location: Murfreesboro, TN | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes but if everyone knew that fact, it would stop all the arguments and discussions about calibers, velocities, bullet weight, etc. Reality can't be used as part of the equation.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanM:
In my experience, almost any hunting caliber, not counting the low and high speed extremes and using a middle of the road bullet weight, can be sighted in 1.5 inches high at 100 yrds and be on target at 200 and 4-5 inches low at 300.

That has worked for almost all my rifles for decades. Granted, I've never attempted a shot on game past 300 yards.

This

Posts: 19355 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote