THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Sierra .257 120gr HP Game King #1650 Any info on these bullets???

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sierra .257 120gr HP Game King #1650 Any info on these bullets???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey Gents
An aging friend of mine has cashed out of reloading. I received a handful of his supplies and these bullets were in there.
Has anyone ever used these and what were the results. Seems like a cool bullet.
There were also some original Trophy Bonded in 115gr, those also seem cool.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Perry, I don't have my loading data on that one anymore but the Sierra book still lists it. I loaded that 120 G. in my Ruger M77 in 25-06 40+ years ago + it loved that bullet. My 257 Roberts AI prefers a lighter bullet, but for a 25-06 you can't go wrong.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I killed one deer with that bullet out of a 25-06 AI. Typical behind the shoulder shot, got a good exit hole and the deer ran about 40 yds. Just one example but that's all I've shot with it.

Posts: 206 | Location: North Alabama | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ive seen it used on a number of Mule Deer, Whitetail and pronghorn in both the 257 Robts and the 25-06 by our hunters over the years, and I would rate it as a good cup and core bullet..It also worked well on the one elk I saw it used on with a 257 Roberts. bull went about 30 yards and died..recovered bullet was a little ragged but sure worked..It was at one time the best bullet out there for the 257 and 25-06, most everyone used Sierras at the time, but Im aging myself again..Compared to todays bonded core bullets and partitions, it may not be up to the same work, but it'll do..Just my opinion...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for info gents. Replies are about what I expected from a 120gr GK.

Perry

Posts: 2246 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote