Find
Notify
Tools

.257 PRC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted
My .257 PRC reamer just arrived. I kept this one simple, straight neck down with a minimum no turn neck. Had the freebore set up for the Blackjack “ACE” 131gr and Dale Janzen’s 140gr VLD. No custom dies needed which is nice. I’ve spent allot of money and time waiting on custom dies for my wildcats. I can just use a set of 6.5 PRC bushing dies and the bump and body die when needed.

I’m going to use a Kelby Atlas Action. I have several 25 cal barrels but haven’t decided what contour to go with. I have 7 and 8 twist barrels. I’m leaning towards a 8 twist.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
popcorn
I'll be watching this thread with anticipation
I thought the 257CM was to be the bees knees but I'll hold my judgement till I see your creation come to fruition. Would the case capacity be about the same as the 25-06?

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SMACK!!!!
posted Hide Post
1-3 grains more H2O case capacity than the 25-06. Depending on the 06 case manufacturer.

--------------------------------------------

Nothing like a trail of blood to find your way back home.

Posts: 770 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 02 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
https://coldboremiracle.com/20...rd-the-25-creedmoor/

I see the 131 grain ace blackjack bullet at 3,000fps from the 25CM from this guy.

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote