More Creedmoor:

"any deer within half a mile would be afraid to show his tines"

okay...

https://coldboremiracle.com/20...rd-the-25-creedmoor/

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
I'm tempted to get a Savage 99 in 250 Savage and run a 6CM reamer in it to make a 25CM

577 BME 3"500 KILL ALL 358 GREMLIN 404-375

*we band of 45-70ers* (Founder)
Single Shot Shooters Society S.S.S.S. (Founder)

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Timan
posted Hide Post
That would soup it up. Maybe get a 6 creed bushing die with a 25 Bushing in it.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Satterlee Arms 1-605-584-2189 | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a waste of a 250-3000 for no change in ballistics..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but it would say creedmore on it which adds 300 yards to the price.

Posts: 4969 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, of course, why didn't I think of that! homer and what an investment you wouldl end up with!!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same cartridge, different name, by Richard Mann:

www.outdoorhub.com/amp/index.p...idge-2fity-hillbilly

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3285 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two of P.O. Akleys favorite Imp. cartridge rifles. The 250-3000 AI. Would not expect the CM case to be of any benefit.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
Why is the 6.5 CM a success? It is not just an idiot but a village, a whole ecosystem of good things working together. The 250-3000 AI may be great as a full custom but if you get full custom results from off the shelf guns and ammo, there is the magic. If the industry supports a 25CM it would be incredible for the quarter bore as a whole but especially for the hopefully soon to be 25CM.

Posts: 27595 | Location: Where tech companies are trying to control you and brainwash you. | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[quote]If the industry supports a 25CM it would be incredible for the quarter bore as a whole..."

Agreed. "If" being the operative word. Until then would still be a wildcat that has already been done.
My calculations show a 1 Gr.(water) capacity advantage for the old 250 AI over the Creedmoor.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
A +P 257 Roberts with high BC bullets in a long action would be something.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The lack of any readily available .257 long range bullets is the problem. The 257 AI is an awesome whitetail deer round.

One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
The 131 grain .257” Blackjack Ace bullet seems to be the knees of bees for high BC.

quote:
Originally posted by DocEd:
The lack of any readily available .257 long range bullets is the problem. The 257 AI is an awesome whitetail deer round.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! That is exactly what the 25-06 and 257 Wby. have been waiting for. Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
WOW!!! That is exactly what the 25-06 and 257 Wby. have been waiting for. Thanks for the heads up. I had never heard of them.

Still a custom barrel option, don’t know of any 1-7 or even 8 twist factory barrels needed for that Blackjack bullet.

I do like the 25’s though, I have a 250 Savage Browning BLR and a 25-284 on a Win 70 SA with a 3.050” Mag box. Both shoot extremely well.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1169 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boom stick
posted Hide Post
http://www.x-caliber.net/
Here is the link where to get the barrel he used in the article

https://blackjackbullets.com/p...lets/?v=7516fd43adaa

the above link will help you with other 257 high BC items if you scroll to the bottom.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Again the big mistake is trying to make a magnum out of a nice easy recoiling accurate rifle that doesn't bellow like a bull moose in heart.. that is a perfect deer rifle as is, both the 6.5 Creedmore as is or the 250-3000 std factory round. If you need all that velocity, blast and recoil go to a 25-06 or a 257 wby..Its the old saying, "Trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear" or "man is a walking contradiction, some fact but mostly fiction" in this case.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Again the big mistake is trying to make a magnum out of a nice easy recoiling accurate rifle that doesn't bellow like a bull moose in heart.. that is a perfect deer rifle as is, both the 6.5 Creedmore as is or the 250-3000 std factory round. If you need all that velocity, blast and recoil go to a 25-06 or a 257 wby..Its the old saying, "Trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear" or "man is a walking contradiction, some fact but mostly fiction" in this case.
Ray,

I believe what you, and perhaps others, are ignoring is the potential benefit of, for lack of a better description, of a Creedmoor’ updated 250 Savage. One that is factory capable of, due to its fast twist rifling, handling 1.350” to 1.500” long high-BC target and hunting bullets loaded to a maximum 2.800” or 2.825” COAL which would work in all current or 50 year old factory SA rifles.

It definitely wouldn’t be some “magnumized” cartridge as it’s PMAX wouldn’t exceed 62K psi.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Ray, I can see that you're a Kristofferson fan as well.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah and I like willys singing anyway.. shocker

Doc,
Try the Nosler Accubonds in a 25 caliber, long range capable..

I don't argue with wildcatters, its just a waste of time, their head be made up!! rotflmo and they can justify any project with fiddle faddle..Load a wildcat with 60 gr.s of Bull shit and you got winner!! dancing Just kidding, but been there and done did it.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Willies ranch is not far from me. It tickles me when these out of towners start seeing celebrities in the music industry at the grocery store, etc. Hell, everybody eats. The same would happen in L.A. with running into movie stars. Oh yeah, there goes another one. Its just business as usual here.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
A +P 257 Roberts with high BC bullets in a long action would be something.

Building that exact rifle right now for the wife, a FN Mauser 30-06 being rebarreled to 257 Roberts withe a 22 inc Douglas #4 contour.

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Under the new "less is more" they will give lower velocity Big Grin

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 44magLeo
posted Hide Post
If you do a bit of research you will find they used the 250 Savage case as a basis for a line of cartridges. They called them Internationals. They came in many bore sizes.
Used a lot in metalic silhouette shooting.
Low recoil and used high ballistic bullets.
This line of cartridges is very similar to te Creedmoor case.
The 250 Savage Imp is another very close case.
So the 25 CM was built a long time ago. Just under a different name.
Leo

The only way to know if you can do a thing is to do it.

Posts: 316 | Location: Lebanon NY | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ismith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
More Creedmoor:

okay...

I think shooting anything ending in Creedmoor or less requires you to state "No homo" after each shot.

What force or guile could not subdue,
Thro' many warlike ages,
Is wrought now by a coward few,
For hireling traitor's wages.

Posts: 249 | Location: Montana | Registered: 17 January 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
Ahh, secret agent .007", a license to quill...

Posts: 967 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JeffreyPhD
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ismith:
quote:
Originally posted by craigster:
More Creedmoor:

okay...

I think shooting anything ending in Creedmoor or less requires you to state "No homo" after each shot.

Partly. The full phrase, again stated after each shot, is "You too sexy, no homo." Say it after me, but be sure not to mispronounce "no" as "mo."

Posts: 1014 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boom stick:
http://www.x-caliber.net/
Here is the link where to get the barrel he used in the article

https://blackjackbullets.com/p...lets/?v=7516fd43adaa

the above link will help you with other 257 high BC items if you scroll to the bottom.

And here's a nice .257 128 gr mono-copper hollow point with a G7 .244 BC hunting bullet:
https://hammerbullets.com/prod...-128g-hammer-hunter/

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote