one of us
posted Hide Post
ty call JGS compay they have ( I think ) the reamer print

good shooting

DAN TEC

Posts: 267 | Location: France | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Per577>
posted
Could anyone tell me mre about this one.
What case is it based on ?
Whats the performance ? [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
I was looking at Robs 600 OK and a 458 lott case side by side and put a 460 weatherby case in the middle. The cases looked like they were all equally apart. So I got out my dial calipers and took some measurements and the weatherby case is right in the middle of the 458 lott and the 600 OK. So then the thought hit me of making a middle case and I figured that the max bullet you could get is .550" which is also right in the middle of the 475 and the 600ok. Then I thought you could get a cz 550 mag in 416 rig and have it rebarreled and chambered for .550 mag. So then you would have a cz550 mag in .550 mag just sounded like needs to be built. So I called Pete at Quality cartridge and He list the 550 ivory express which he thought it was on the weatherby case. With John @bridger bullets making bullets it might be a project worth doing. What do you think. RNS

Posts: 767 | Location: Phoenix, Az | Registered: 31 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
dantec
What is the #

RNS

one of us
posted Hide Post
RNS-Absolutely great idea.A straight belted 550.
Gives a run of three short belted big bores to
chose from.The Lott.The 550, And 600 OK.When you have it chambered ,have chamber .050 longer to allow place for lengthening without so much trimming involved.I did that with my Wildcat.
I even lengthened chamber on 458 Win before I
developed my wildcat, to give place for lenghtening,to gain more powder capacity.Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
You will need a .550 Barrel. That will cost you! Call Pac-Nor and let us know what they would want for a couple.-Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob

Pac nor wants $1,000.00 to tool up for a new size and a couple hundred for a barrel. Montana rifle wants $800.00 for the tooling. Pete from Quality cartridge had a print on the 550 IE but the guy wanted it back. Maybe another barrel company has the tooling.

I ordered some cyl weatherby cases to play with and called c&h and am waiting on them to call me back. JGS will make the reamer as probably any reamer co. would. I think I will keep calling some different barrel makers to see if I get lucky