New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5 X 50R Bellem???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 6.5 Bellem, and shoot Win. 760 powder in it, BUT!! it fills the case too much, I want more speed!! what do you guys think about Win. 748? any suggestions as to starting points?? With 760 I use 35g and a 120g bullet with a CCI mag primer (S R)

Thanks

Oh yea. it's in a Contender handgun!! [Roll Eyes]

[ 08-24-2003, 05:27: Message edited by: DLH ]

Posts: 49 | Location: Lisbon, Oh. USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I don't know if this will help or not as I am a 6.5 JDJ shooter (but they are pretty close in performance).

Win 748 should be one to try. I would also take a hard look at Reloader 15 and Varget. They are on the faster side, but really make the JDJ sing. IMR 4320 also does very well in the JDJ, but should be real close to 748.

I doubt I helped any, but I thought i would try [Confused]

Posts: 192 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried Win. 748 , starting @ 25g, I am now up to 29g and still no pressure signs! This Sat. I will go to the range with my Chrony, and reloader, and see what happens?

Thanks [Wink]

Posts: 49 | Location: Lisbon, Oh. USA | Registered: 18 March 2002Reply With Quote
<HHI 812>
posted
Varget worked pretty good! Don't recall the loads, but was close to the 6.5 JDJ data.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tera

Which case I must use to make 6.5 X 50 mm R Bellem

The specs are as follows:

case length?
At shoulder?
Neck length?
Degree shoulder?
COA 3.078 w/117 Sierra FB seated

one of us
Picture of asdf
posted Hide Post
It's a necked up 5.6x50R, and perhaps blown out as well.

It sounds like you need to get a copy of Cartridges of the World by Frank Barnes and a copy of Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges by Ken Howell. Ray Riling likely offers both books.

Posts: 977 | Location: U.S.A. | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
It's a necked up 5.6X50R. The shoulder is moved forward and there is a very short neck on the round. Chambers are cut by running a 6.5 TCU reamer deeper.

I'd suggest RL 15, Varget and N 550 as possible powders, though you'll likely find that you'll run out of case capacity before N 550 offers any advantage.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote