New
Find
Notify
Tools

.338-325 WSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just involved in a thread over in the reloading forum and several people suggested necking the 325 WSM to a .338. To me it sounds like a possible cartidge. I am not a Wildcatter so I have no idea what it would involve, but what do you guys think of it?

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit"--Aristotle (384BC-322BC)

Posts: 749 | Location: Central Montana | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The wildcat 338/300WSM is the same thing and has been around since the 300 WSM was introduced.

Check over at shortmags.org

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12501 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what I think is that if you have a few extra bucks in your pocket and you want to try it be my guest. come back and report on what you found out after you have done it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using a 338/300 wsm for ab out 3 years now. The new 325 brass works a bit better for me in this chamber so this is what I use.

I've got a 21" 3 weight Schneider on a M70 and it runs with most loads right around 100 fps slower than the 338 WM.

Pretty much the same story as the 7 and the 300 wsm's, close but not quite.

The 250 MK in my rifle using H4350 is running in the low 2700's which is pretty much a 338 WM.

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote