New
Find
Notify
Tools

416 Rigby case to 50 cal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone here done a 416 rigby case shorten to be start of the shoulder and then necked to 50 cal? Looking to build one but if someone has done this would love to talk to them.

Shoot Straight, shoot often and have fun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see why not, Ive built a couple of 450s which is the 416 Rigby necked up to 458 caliber. The last one I built Roy Vincent, Saeeds close friend and PH, who lives in Midland, Texas these days, did the metal work and I did the stock..It was a beautiful rifle, shot good, and had all the recoil one could want! Big Grin

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41813 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm looking around for some kind of 50 cal DG rifle project. I'd like to make use of cheaper than usual brass, but it seems all the alternative are just as expensive as the established cases.

Up here it is over 100 bucks for 20 Rigby cases, I can get 505 Gibbs or 500 Jeffery for that. Whether I want to change them to shorter wildcats or leave as be. Seems as though existing shorter wildcats are based on RUM cases, or Nosler 33 cases, and as such cost the same as the existing DG cases.