THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    358-378 & 474-378 wildcats and 470Mbogo

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

358-378 & 474-378 wildcats and 470Mbogo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know of a place to rent reamers and buy appropriate dies for these? JRS will make me reamers and I'm certain CH4D can make dies but if there is anything that is close to what I'm looking for out there already it would make the process faster and less expensive. I�m sure this has been done before.

Must be able to fireform cases from 378 wby basic with one or more neck sizing operations and then trim neck thickness as required.

On the 470Mbogo I know a number of posters here have one and if you can steer me to the right place for the reamer and dies that would be most appreciated.

John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
WRT the 470 Mbogo, most of us got our dies from Dave at CH4D. 470 Mbogo himself uses RCBS dies.

The only reamer I know of is 470 Mbogo's, but there might be others out there. Dave, did RIP use yours?

Cheers,
Canuck

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Go look at www.realguns.com. The guy that runs the website (Joe) had a Ruger #1 built in 358/378 Wby. I'm pretty sure he got the reamer from Clymer. He might loan it to you if you ask nicely, otherwise you can probably buy another reamer from Clymer since they'll already have the specs on file.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
John,
the .475x378 is the same as the 475 A&M... which clymer has.. and a heck of a round, essentially a belted 470 mbogo

jeffe

Posts: 38459 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. 470Mbogo has helped me out with that one and Dave at CH4D will do the dies. Clymer and Manson both have the reamers I need. I'll get the orders placed today and then try to have patience for the 22 Pac-nor barrels I've got coming. Once they get here I won't have time to sneeze.

John

Posts: 855 | Location: Belgrade, Montana | Registered: 06 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow John, what all are you building? (And hi, by the way). - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Dan,

I'm doing what most will think is a bit nuts but it will be fun to build and, I think, quite a showpiece.

I'm doing a switch barrel project on a GMA action. Calibers will be 7mm-378 wby, 30-378, 338-378, 358-378, 378, 416 wby, 460 wby, 475 A&M, 500 A2 and 550 mag. I'll have three stocks so I can accommodate three different barrel contours one for 7mm to .358 one for 378-460 and the last for the 475 A&M to 550 mag. I'll cut dovetails into the action so Talley rings will mount without having any bases. This will keep the clean lines when using the larger bores without scopes and still allow for a quick barrel swap and scope installation with minimum shift in zero. I'll have 14 scopes for this setup, two scopes for every caliber up to 460. I figure the 475, 500 and 550 are open sights only. Then, of course, I'll need a fine antique looking display case for all of this hardware.

Then I'm doing another switch barrel on a Winchester action. Calibers will be 25stw, 6.5stw, 7stw, 300wby, 340 wby, 358sta, 375H&H, 416 rem, 458 Lott and 470 Capstick. This will have two stocks for two different contours. One stock will cover the 25stw thru 375 H&H and one stock 416 rem, 458 Lott and 470 Capstick.

Then a 375H&H on a pre 64 Winchester action I've been saving. I want to do a classic looking and functioning rifle on this.

Next is a 470Mbogo on a CZ550

Then I'll be doing a 500A2 on a CZ550.

That covers the barrels I've got on order but I'm also doing another 600 OK on a GMA.

The 12 ga from hell once Pac-nor figures out the tooling. This one will be on Borchard action or I still might try to scale up a high wall here in the shop.

Lastly I've got a 600 BMG and 700 BMG barrels to fit to a McMillan action.

My first 600 OK is being Gun-Koted and I should have it in my hand on Tuesday. I've already got some rounds loaded up and I think a nice dangerous gopher is on license for Tuesday afternoon. I'll post some pictures as soon as I can.

Well that should keep me off the streets of Belgrade at least until the end of June .

How are things in Canada? Do you have any trips planned to the States? If you ever get back to Livingston give a call and we'll go finish off a few more local beers.

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, John, you are going to be one busy guy. I like the switch barrel idea, I've been doing a cheap version with a Savage 110 for a while (still collecting parts). I was just back on Long Island for 2 weeks, with the LIRR. Had a good time, did some fishing on South Bay (didn't catch much though). Visited the Oxley (sp?) Ale House and enjoyed a nice variety of tap beers, nice place, good wings. I'm not sure when I'll next be down Montana way, but you can be sure I'll give you a call and we can go for a cold one or three. Take care. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Message for fritz 454 of by will tera

I am also in the search of gauge of Wildcat. You could make me by whole the gauge which you know with the dimension which I then to test them. Because in France it do not make Wildcat is even less in Serbia (Belgrad)

I am particularly to interest by certain of your gauge the following gauge. Gauges S.T.W 500 A2
475 A & M
378 - 460
550 Magnum
600 BMG
700 BMG
470Mbogo
470 Capstick