THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Can Anyone Identify The Parent Cases For these Rounds?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can Anyone Identify The Parent Cases For these Rounds?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was browsing MidSouth's catalog. In the RCBS Special Order Die Sets they list quite a few rounds I had never heard of. A few peaked my curiosity.
.411 Bear Swamp
.358 Yukoner
.358 SOB
There are more but I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about these: Parent Case, Performance etc.? Sean

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quelle son les base de ces doille ?
on peut les former comment ?
salut de la france

One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
Never heard of them. I can't find them in any of my references, either. Have you tried e-mailing RCBS?

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not trying to keep this thread around. I was just surprised when I saw it on the front page again. I posted this almost 3 years ago. Sean

"You shouldn't say it is not good. You should say you do not like it; and then, you know, you're perfectly safe." James Whistler

Posts: 537 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
.358 Yukon (don't know if it is the same as the Yukoner) is based on a shortened Remington Ultra Mag case. The idea behind it was to get the maximum performance out of a Browning BLR in .35 caliber. Fred Zeglin of Z-Hat designed the cartridge for Bill Kemmerer of Sarasota Fla.

This is from Zeglin's book "Wildcat Cartridges".

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote