New
Find
Notify
Tools

35/300 win load data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for 35/300 win mag load data. Will be using Nosler 225 grain bullets. Thanks!

Posts: 372 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Case capacity will be slightly greater than the 358 Norma but if this is chambered in a std length action the bullets would have to be seated quite deep and compromise some of that capacity. If built on a longer action like a Rem 70 that allows OAL to be close to 3.6 inches your useable case capacity will be be greater. I would start with a mid range 358 Norma mag load and work up.Either IMR or H 4350 would be good powders to try

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Is a Browning BAR concidered a longer action? That's my intended use.

Posts: 372 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would suggest the BAR is a std length action. Long action calibres would include calibres such as 300 Wby or 300 H&H 375 H&H etc. Magazine overall length in your BAR will be limited to approx 3.4 inches. Loads for you rifle will be very close to 358 Norma loads

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote