Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.32 Maximum
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know anything about the .32 Maximum. I think it is a .357 Maximum squeezed down to .32 caliber. I am searching with a friend for info on this as he has a rifle chambered for it. Any info as to where to get dies, any loading info and any problems that may occur when reloading this round will be greatly appreciated. Thanks-

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I'd say take a chamber cast and go from there.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, theres one I have never heard of...

Well, i'm going to guess it's in a single shot? Those "Contender Types" get all the fun cartridges!

Chamber cast it, then check the bore diameter, even though it is called a .32, it might have a .308, .312, .314, or even a .323 bore? All depending on what bullets the inventor wanted to sling downrange.

posted Hide Post
My friend has found out a little more on this round. It is associated with the .32 Miller Short. Info we have gathered is that it is also called the .32 Miller Maximum. We still have no loading info. Still searching if anyone has info we can use we sure need it. Thanks for the advice so far. The chamber cast we can handle along with slugging the bore. This might be such an oddball that rechambering to 32-40 is the answer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

It is associated with the .32 Miller Short.

Load data for the 32 Miller Short is given in the Accurate Loading Guide, page 346 in the second edition.

the_captn

Posts: 238 | Location: earth | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TERA

I possede not book could you say myself to me which is the base of which casing one can form them
thank you is good year

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My friend has found out a little more on this round. It is associated with the .32 Miller Short. Info we have gathered is that it is also called the .32 Miller Maximum. We still have no loading info. Still searching if anyone has info we can use we sure need it. Thanks for the advice so far. The chamber cast we can handle along with slugging the bore. This might be such an oddball that rechambering to 32-40 is the answer.

Careful there, some "32s" are .312 in diameter while others are in the .321 arena. A good chamber/throat/bore cast will tell you which this is.

http://www.castbulletassoc.org/faqpbb.shtml has info on the .32 Miller Special.

http://www.z-hat.com/Reamers%20Avail.htm has a .32 Miller Short reamer for rent, they may be able to help you with info.

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote