New
Find
Notify
Tools

.25 Souper
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have any experience with this caliber? I have inherrited a new Mauser barrel chambered for this cartridge.

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a lot on info on this wildcat in the Wolfe wildcat book (the thick one). It's basically a 308 necked down to 25 caliber. Very efficient cartridge, treads right on the heals of the 25-06. If you don't have the book let me know and I'll see if I can scan the articles and email them to you. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Thanks for the response. Maybe I aught to try and get a copy of the book. I love to mess with wildcats, and it is sort of how I aquire (I won't use the word "collect") rifles. Seems like I read something almost every night on wildcats and proprietaries. Is the book still in print?

Posts: 614 | Location: Miami, Florida USA | Registered: 02 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Davit_M
posted Hide Post
Phantom Duck,

I believe the book Wildcat Cartridges Combo Edition (Volumes I & II), published be Wolfe books is still in print as I purchased a copy of it from Amazon.com just a few short months ago. It is a great reference! [Cool]

Regards! Dave

[ 03-24-2003, 06:44: Message edited by: Davit_M ]

Posts: 146 | Location: Montana - Big Sky Country | Registered: 04 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a good bit of load data on the souper. If you are interesetd I would e-mail what I have to you. I have it in both rifle and handgun data. Let me know.

shortgun

Posts: 147 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 01 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is also load data in the A-Square reloading manual. Available from Midway, Amazon, and others.

Posts: 152 | Location: Carlisle. PA | Registered: 25 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a .308 right now and i have thought of necking it down to a 25 caliber but i didnt know how. How do you all find brass or make it, and what about dies? Do u have to have them profesionally made? Seems like it would be a good 1/4 bore.

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dies are available from RCBS and probably others. Originally, we just necked down 308 brass, but there were some neck thickening problems, so we either had to ream/turn the necks, or we necked up 243 cases. I think now that using 260 Rem brass would be easiest. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shortgun,
Thanks for the offer. It would really be great to get your reloading data on this cartridge emailed to me. My email address is e_kahn@bellsouth.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
Davitt,

Thanks for the heads up. I will make an order with amazon for my copy next payday.

<Jeff in ND>
posted
Another option to teh 25 Souper is the 257DGR. I have had mine for a couple of years now and really like it. It is a great all around cartridge (as is the Souper).

Dies are avaible for the 257DGR and is reference data for loading.

http://www.duanesguns.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
I read the pots about this round last week, and today 4/13/03 I went to a gun show and found a set of dies on a table for $10.00. If anyone could send me some load data for thid I would like to look at it. I Have a 93 Mauser currently in .308 and wonder if I could put a new barrel on this action ,or should I use a 98 action ? Thanks
you can e-mail me at dean.schuelke@att.net

Posts: 66 | Location: York PA | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote