New
Find
Notify
Tools

.204 ruger wildcats
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
never met the man but spoke at length a few times.
what a nice guy. answer any and all your questions no problem. also answer questions you didn't ask.............
i envy you to be able to go to his shop. i would be REALLY broke if it were close.....
woofer

if you aint' livin', you're dyin'.

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
He is about an hour away from me. He really knows his stuff. He is rechambering a gun for me right now, and I am thinking of having him build me a custom rig. Maybe you are lucky, I took one gun into him for work and been spending money there ever since!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flippy:
quote:
Originally posted by P47D:
Like would necking a 22/250 to 25 caliber make it a 25/22/250? I think it makes it a 250-3000
thunderbolt

Abso-gall-darn-lutely!

(Excuse me, I'm kind of a yayhoo)

Posts: 68 | Location: Camrose Alberta | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The beauty of the 204 is the wonderful assortment of fine bullets now available with excellent BCs. A 221 Fireball necked to .204 would match the 223s trajectories with 27% less powder. Expansion ration is the same too, so one uses the same powders.

Less is more...

Posts: 1111 | Location: Afton, VA | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
6mm X
30 HRT (Teppo Jutsu)
357 Max Rimless
416 Mag Rimless
7mm SCAR (Teppo Jutsu)
475 TREMOR (Teppo Jutsu)
502 Thunder Sabre

TERA

Could you give me information on the following ammunition. Of which casings one can the forms is dimensions of the casings

MERCI BEAUCOUP

one of us
posted Hide Post
.50 Beowolf.

I have one of those cases, found at a range one day...weirdest damn looking thing I ever saw... Woulda been okay it was necked down to .257"

Big Grin

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
TERA

but of the which case it one ete fact is tired length of the cases after the forming

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless you are drawing your own brass every case has a parent, sometimes a few. I only own 5 centerfires right now. Only two can fire a factory round and they are Ackleyed. IMO each one of them does exactley what I ask of it. Thing is I could have bought an over the counter gun saved hundreds in dies, reamers and barrels to do the same thing, with way less effort.I did it becuase it is relaxing, fun, keeps me motivated to put in range time, makes me raise the bar with my reloading. The main reason is I do not want to have what every one else has. Someone, maybe someone here will find the golden goose.I bet the next rifle I build is going to be a wildcat built by a member of this board a 257DGR. Todd Kindler hit the jackpot. Dakota is marketing his rounds 20VT and the Tact20 for now. Would not surprise me a bit if they use his rimmed classic line in the model 10. Wildcatting is alive and well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have got a Remington 223 lvsf that I am considering having rechambered to 22/204. This would be a lot simpler than the 223ai or 222mag ai, as it would be just a simple neck-up as opposed to fireforming. Also, 204 ruger brass is way more available than 222mag brass. This wildcat should provide virtually all the performance that can be wringed out of the 223 head size cases. Someday when the barrel wears out, I may even have Dan Pederson rechamber and rerifle for the 6mm/204. I imagine that this would also make an excellent wildcat.

one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't a necked up 204 bring it right back to its parent case, the 222Mag? What else did they change on the 204? Just curious. I thought all they did was neck down a 222mag to a 20, and called it a 204.

I have a 223AI and it is a dream. I shoot Winchester white box to fireform and then have all the improved brass I need for next to nothing. And it shoots factory 223Rem pretty damn good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like would necking a 22/250 to 25 caliber make it a 25/22/250?

No dogone tooting but it will make a 25 Hunter. A fine HBR cartridge and a super Hunter with a a 1-10" twist at 3150 with a 100gr bullet.

I like that 25 Waterfowler. But I have a 6x47 same parent as the 204. Mr. Mann your words are out of line. No snoty repies please.

Fred M.
zermel@shaw.ca

Posts: 465 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote