Find
Notify
Tools

22 Epperson Cricket
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted
25acp case, necked to 22 caliber. Chambered into an converted rimfire M-1069 Romainian Trainer. Gets 1850fps using 35gr Vmax and 231/hp-38/Win-540 (pick one). 1600 fps with 45grain Hornady Hornets and Bullseye. All from 22" rimfire barrel.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
Seems like a natural for the Contender; just rechamber a .22 rimfire barrel.

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rezdog:
Seems like a natural for the Contender; just rechamber a .22 rimfire barrel.

Don't have a Contender, but I thought they prefered the rimmed cases. The 25ACP is semi rimmed, so it might work.

Posts: 211 | Location: Little Rock, AR. USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A .223 with eight grs of 4759 will do the same thing!

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Rezdog>
posted
Contenders and Encores will both accept rimless cartridges and a great many calibers are available from various barrel makers.

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:
A .223 with eight grs of 4759 will do the same thing!

EIGHT grains???!!!!

I can get almost 3 loads from 8 grains.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just pointed out the common sense of loading a larger cartridge down. Of course you are saving $.015 per shot on powder. So if you shoot about 20 thousand shots a year that should be a four year payback on your special chamber and dies.

I asked somewhere what the water capacity of that case is as I saw it in my program without that data. What is it?

I

one of us
Picture of Vibe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Savage99:
So if you shoot about 20 thousand shots a year that should be a four year payback on your special chamber and dies.

I asked somewhere what the water capacity of that case is as I saw it in my program without that data. What is it?

I

As I remember it, the case has right at 4-1/2 grains water capacity. I posted that info in the other thread....but with 71 posts in it(today), one response can be hard to find. As for recouping the costs of chambering and dies....it doesn't take long to do when the reamer costs $20 and the dies are $10 each....I made my own.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am all for it. I just can't bring myself to buy .22 RF mag ammo.