Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
……..…………………………….. THE END! BYE!

…………………………………………………….. old patriot

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
7X57R or 8X57R will get you close.
Cheers,
Laurie

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just formed one - happend to have surpus to requirements 7x57r cases. Ran one into a 243 die. Now have a nice 6x57R case in my hand.

A bit longer than the 243 - isn't the 6mm Remington just a 7x57 necked down.

Takes longer to write this than to do it!

However if you want something nice a slim in a double what about the 6x70R, or necking up the 5.6x50R to 6mm?

Posts: 981 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you are not concerned with being chased by pitchfork wielding lever-gun owners, I'd say go with 307 Winchester cases.

If you use 356win I'll buy a pitchfork and a new pair of running shoes myself...

quote:
Originally posted by Heym SR20:
Just formed one - happend to have surpus to requirements 7x57r cases. Ran one into a 243 die. Now have a nice 6x57R case in my hand.

A bit longer than the 243 - isn't the 6mm Remington just a 7x57 necked down.

Takes longer to write this than to do it!

However if you want something nice a slim in a double what about the 6x70R, or necking up the 5.6x50R to 6mm?

That is EXACTLY what a 6mm Remington is...
and it is most of the reason the 6mm Rem SUCKS in a short action, which is made for 308win length cartridges

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't want to add fuel to the fire, lol, but Hummmmm...those rimmed 307/356 cases are few and far between AND EXPENSIVE, or at least the ammo is/was when you can find it/them...being made only periodically (unless that has changed). That's why I just went to 308/358 cases for my 356 Win Marlin.

I haven't found the "tweener" case all that problematic in SA actions, you just have to work around and MAKE things work. YES...a LA can make futzing around with the 2.25" case and attendant factory/wildcat cartridges...ain't no thang...you either whine about it or get on with it...BOTH work depending...Guess how many wildcat/factory rifles I've built on the 2.25" case, LA AND SA, and they NEVER took a back seat to the same factory/wildcats on the '06 case except in the detractors minds...no game ever complained nor did I when chewing on a nice juicy hunk of venison/elk/etc. Cool Big Grin rotflmo

I think MACD shut this link off in his computer after the help he got for what he was looking for... Roll Eyes Eeker

Good Hunting tu2 beer