New
Find
Notify
Tools

How about a rimmed 358 Win?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With the 35leverolution bullets, I think a 358 based on the 307 Win. would be quite nice!

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its called th 356 win.. its pretty much died out, Winchester offered it in their 94, and I think Marlin had it... Just never was popular

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Properly load, the .356 or 358 Win (same potential) is capable of successfully hunting anything in North America and it can be fired in a short light carbine. The much overlooked cartridge will certainly benefit from the new Horny lever bullets and should make it a true 300 yd gun when they become available for reloading. There are several gunsmiths that do a .35 Rem to .356 Win conversion on Marlin 336. My 180 gr Speer load is a little too much for deer, but it shoots 2 MOA.

Brent,

We're proud of ya and keep you head down!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brent Yates:
Its called th 356 win.. its pretty much died out, Winchester offered it in their 94, and I think Marlin had it... Just never was popular

Shoulda known! killpc

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't be so hard on yourself, I only know about it because I have an Uncle who swears by it....

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote