THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM WILDCAT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Wildcats And Their Development    Production caliber that you can fireform

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Production caliber that you can fireform
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have always wanted to do this and the only gun that i can think of is the Savage 280AI are there any others?

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
375 Wby but an expensive option

300 Wby and 300 H&H.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
303 to Epps Improved!

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
303 Brit to 35 Remington rimmed. Works with the single shot rifles but you have to cut a rim recess. The 30-30 AI is another one that I like.

Posts: 277 | Location: Newton, MS | Registered: 08 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the thread starter, blackeyeddueler, is referring to production rifle you can buy thay would be chambered in an Improved version of a cartridge.

So I don't think 30/30 AI would count as I don't think there are any production rifles made in 30/30 AI.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike McGuire:
I think the thread starter, blackeyeddueler, is referring to production rifle you can buy thay would be chambered in an Improved version of a cartridge.

So I don't think 30/30 AI would count as I don't think there are any production rifles made in 30/30 AI.

yes, that's kinda what meant, thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another one would be the 7 X 61 Sharpe & Hart in either 7mm Rem or 7mm Wby. However, the resulting case would like a 7 mm Rem with a neck about a 1/10th of an inch long.

I think the 375 Wby firing 375 H&H would be the best of all. It is an expensive option because the 375 Wby does not come in any of the lower priced Mark Vs.

These days 300 H&H fied in 300 Wby (as was originally done) might see a lot of split cases.

I think Nosler make a rifle (expensive) in 280 AI.

Another one you could probably do is get 219 Zipper, turn the rim down so it is .47" and fire in the 225 Winchester M70. Again, lots of split cases and of course 219 Zipper and 225 Winchester are not exactly common items.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of factory calibers can be fireformed, most all wildcats are factory cases so formed..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote