New
Find
Notify
Tools

30/338 Lapua Magnum Improved
 Login/Join

<Wayne McD>
posted
I'm going to build a 30/338 Lapua Magnum Improved. Does any one out there have one of these and or know a good longrange gunsmith who has a reamer and would build it for me. It will be in a Geske action and a 34" Pac-Nor 1-10" twist 3 groove barrel.Thanks in advance for your replies.
Wayne

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just for grins, see the below post about the 338 Lapua and 338/416 Rigby.

I don't have a 30-338 Lapua reamer, but can get one ground to my or your specs in about 3 weeks from PPG. If you are unsure of the reamer dimensions, give me an email and I will give you some info as to what the 1000 yard chamber needs.

Check Dave Tooley, I am sure he has one or two, as he is one of the Premier 1000 Yard gun builders back on the East Coast. He really knows 1000 yard rifles. www.Tooleyrifles.com

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Also look at Bill Shehane's site, http://www.scopeusout.com/ for photos of some of Dave's guns. Bill and Dave are associates in the 1000 yard game, Dave builds them and Bill shoots them.

Dave Tooley is one of the few riflesmiths that I would hire to build a 1000 yarder for myself.

Dave and Bill have been known to work with rifles for ranges far in extreme of 1000 yards.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote