New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gamo accuracy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am new to airguns, where shoul I sight my gun in. It is shooting 1000fps. I shot it today at 25 and 30 yrds with bad results. Is this to far?

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I smoke rabbit and squirrel at those ranges without a second thought,,all head shots,,rarely miss,,but will admit to piercing one rabbits ears. I zeroed my R-9 @ 50 yds,,my talon with the 12" barrel at 50 yds,,,crank it up to 75 yds with the 24" barrel,,could easily do 100 but never had the need. Don't know how long you have been shooting,,and don't want to be insulting,,but,It sounds like improper,breathing,posture,and form. Trigger pull falls into there as well,,,and gammo's are notorious for having crappy trigger pull,,to the extent I asked a air gun only forum about gammo rifles,,and was offered one to try out for free,,seems the dude had been using it for a door stop for a while,,after finding a air rifle that had a pull that matched his high power stuff. There's some easy reading books,,that are easy on the wallet on above said at www.jarheadtop.com turn down your speakers before clicking,,The dude is gung ho on the marines

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote