Find
Notify
Tools

25 cal.Benjamin Marauder
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It is the most accurate air rifle I have ever shot and its under $500
Anyone else have one? Its a pcp so I use a scuba tank to fill it,3000 psi. I can get 24 accurate shots off before a refill, that puts me at 2000psi.

The rifle uses 8 round rotory magazines, and I can cover an 8 shot group @ 40 yards with a dime. My rifle likes Eunjin 43.2 grain pellets @ 820 fps. It is also extremely quiet.

Anyway I have'nt seen a post on this rifle so I thought I would put it ou there

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When did they start making the 25 cal? Last the last time I looked .177 and .22 were the only cal.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They came out with the 25's in June, they are the most accurate caliber to date. The guys with the .22 Marauders are buying the .25 because they are spooky accurate.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey DoubleDown, Thanks for the report. My oldbuddy Ralph is torn between a Marauder and one of the Air Force rifles. The Rotary Magazine of the Marauder is something he really likes. And I'll pass on the info about the accuracy.

Is this your first PCP?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hot core the marauder comes with three internal shrouds it is quiet. The pellet impact is louder than the report. It also has an adjustable trigger, and you can also make pressure adjustments as needed.

This is the first PCP i have owned, I have shot many, but this was the total package (for me)

I still have my sheridan blue streak that I bought new in 1976 and its still shoots good.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the additional info. My old MARINE CORPS buddy, Ralph, has a Router goof-up he is trying to resolve as of this morning. But he is REALLY looking forward to all the info you can tell us about the Marauder.

Overall impressions about anything at all are welcome, fit, finish, this is good, this could be better, kind of stuff.
-----

I have a Blue Streak of darn near the same vintage. Got it to "encourage" a neighbor's Cat to find a better place to sleep than on my Boat Cover. I believe I started with 2-pumps and added 1-pump per day until the Cat stayed away. May have gotten to 5 pumps. Aimed for his ham. Had no desire to Kill the Cat since the neighbor kids dearly loved it. Great old air rifle.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if you want a .25 cal PCP, the marauder is the best bet out there in a factory standard gun. you can get .25 cal barrels for the Airforce rifles but it is additional cost, obviously. that said, if you want a REAL killing machine, the AF condor with a .25 barrel is just that- MUCH more powerful than the Marauder but also noisier( unless you spend even more for a shroud).

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey all,

For those of you still undecided on getting a " Marauder ".. You should checkout this link/Blog !!

http://varmintair.typepad.com/...the-25-marauder.html

PAPI

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can you switch barrels/calibers like my Talon?

Sounds like a bargain at that price.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
an expert like you should know the answer to that.sure you can switch barrels but you won't get full power from it unless you also change the tank and hammer to the condor version of both- for about $300. if you own a Talon, you obviously know very little about it. maybe a few minutes at www.talonairgun.com will help you- but i doubt it.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
back to the original topic of this thread- everything i have read about the .25 M-ROD was complimentary except the shot count. and with a .25 from any maker, you can expect a fairly low shot count. bigger barrel, same size air tank= low shot count. but accuracy is always reported as the best of the M-ROD calibers- and the other 2 are pretty damn good!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you just aren't man enough to admit you were wrong, are you?

I asked the owner if it was a pain to switch barrels or easy like the Talon SS I have. I DO own it, and I have felt no need to switch anything to date. I'm lazy, so I would probably just buy a new one if I wanted a different caliber...

regards,

Rich
Talon Owner

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
want me to post some pictures of my Talon here for you?

I can have that done, you know...

regards,

Rich

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not getting into any debates.. but as a suggestion .... Someone did offer to " Bury the Hatchet " !
quote:
Bury the hatchet? But not in my forehead...
regards,
Rich

So, lets all now move on to the specific subject/topic " .25 cal Ben Marauder " (Air Rifles / Pistols; Eval's,Comments)& stick to it !!

PAPI

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I asked the owner if it was a pain to switch barrels or easy like the Talon SS I have. I DO own it, and I have felt no need to switch anything to date. I'm lazy, so I would probably just buy a new one if I wanted a different caliber...

regards,

Rich
Talon Owner[/QUOTE]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, you can't change the barrel on the .25 Marauder. I know guys that have put bigger air tanks on them, and or regulators to get more shots out of them between refills.

one of us
posted Hide Post
At the same energy level you get more shots per charge out of a larger cal.
Bigger piston (or pellet) has more aria to push on, that means more efficient use of force (or air).
That's why we think in foot pounds of energy, not fps, it gives you a better impression of the guns performance.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one today but it is on backorder...I'll let you know how it goes.

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote