New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beeman R10 Gas Piston?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 20 year old Beeman R10 that is in great condition.

I would like to replace the main-spring with a gas-piston...similar to the RX-1 and Cro-Magnum but I can't seem to find anyone who does it.

Any of you have a suggestion for me?

PS: I had an old R1 with a gas piston but I sold it to pay for a Benjamin Marauder...BIG MISTAKE!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Leopard, might check with these folks:
http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore/

The old Beemans are things of beauty. I did briefly have a .25 Marauder and was very impressed with how quiet, accurate and powerful it was. I had just had back surgery, however, and operating the Hill pump was not in my best interest.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Im going to check out your link, thanks!

Me too...I have a Marauder and its a pain in the ass to have to either pump it or fill a scuba tank which isn't good for more than a few full charge fills.

I might sell the R10 and Marauder and buy a used RX2Smiler

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If you have access to a firehouse compressor, get a used SCBA 88cu.ft firemans bottle( eBay has tons of them for sale). They fill to 4500psi, giving literally dozens of fills for a Marauder.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote