New
Find
Notify
Tools

What PCP to buy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would you guys recumbent, would like to keep it aaround 1000 for the rifle, I allready have scuba gear so no issue filling it, and I have a few good scopes

also would prefer on the quiet end of the scale, is a silencer a good option, which would you recommend

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Air Arms 510 or Daystate Huntsman XL or Regal. the Daystates are slightly more expensive( about $1200) but of better quality.silencers generally cost about $100 but all of the mentioned rifles come with shrouded barrels with somewhat effective internal baffles.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was having to make that choice also. I chose the Daystate Regal xl in .22 cal. from AOA.
This was based on my having a Airwolf made by Daystate. The gun is outstanding on the bench with a hawke sidwinder.

I wanted something a little more handy hunting style rifle not too bulky. And they look great.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Daystate Huntsman....for sure !

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately they seem to have quit making the Huntsman. Huntsman Regal or XL or some such now!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
same rifle with new receiver block. stocks are interchangeable

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing wrong with a CZ 200T . It really is a nice air rifle...

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the better PCP rifles are those with fully free floated barrels. That is no "band", platsic, elastic or metal, connecting it to the air reservoir.

I have three BSA PCPs. A .177 Scorpion T10, a .22 Scorpion T10 and an older BSA MMC Ultra.

But the best performace in accuracy terms are those that are made with a regulator or with one fitted aftermarket.

If your country has no energy limit I'd say that a full power .22 or full power .25 beats a .177. In Britain where energy is legally capped at 12 ft/lbs the .177 is preferred for field target use....and by many for vermin such as town dump rats.

Posts: 6814 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: 18 November 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We got an EVANIXMONSTER, in 9mm caliber.

It is one of the best air rifles we have seen.

Very accurate, and has two cylinder for the air, so lasts quite some time.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Evanix is making some very interesting rifles, especially in the larger calibers. my only complaint is they are loud! they are generally very powerful and accurate.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Evanix is making some very interesting rifles, especially in the larger calibers. my only complaint is they are loud! they are generally very powerful and accurate.

I always keep an air rifle by the door - for shooting pests like Myna birds, crows and iguanas.

Right now that is where our 9mm resides.

I have several magazines full, and just pop them into my pocket.

A funny thing happened the other day.

A friends teen age kids stayed over in our house - a boy and a girl.

I woke them up in the morning, and saw some crows through the window, so invited them out.

I shot a crow sitting quite far on top of a tree. and fed it to the crocs.

The girl said "WOW! That is the coolest experience I have ever had!"

We are training her to shoot now beer

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
A good PCP air gun should be the perfect platform to interest a young shooter.
NO recoil, relatively quiet (moderator needed on some)and accurate.

I have used them for several "Hunters Education" classes and found they were better for evaluating student performance than powder guns as the students were not concerned with noise or recoil, only safe handling and marksmanship skills.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
day state regal xl in .25 or .22?

Getting one this week

Posts: 589 | Location: Austin TX, Mexico City | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
.22. The power level of the .25 is the same as a .22, so the trajectory of the .22 is not as "loopy" due to higher muzzle velocity.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Not everyone is fortunate enough to keep crocs, Saeed!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16364 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
.22. The power level of the .25 is the same as a .22, so the trajectory of the .22 is not as "loopy" due to higher muzzle velocity.

Awesome thanks.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patricio Gaudiano:
quote:

Awesome thanks.

I had a .25 Springer, and I wasn't super impressed. It was a Spanish gun but not a Gamo, I can't remember the name of it. I ended up giving it to someone else when I transferred out of Spain.

I am interested in a FX Wildcat, but I want to do more research.

The nice thing about air rifles, is you can shoot 1000 bullets and have it cost you $40. Try doing that with a rifle, even a 22LR these days.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote