Find
Notify
Tools

I found this ----
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted
I was trolling some "WTS" boards and ran across a Daisy BB gun. As a much younger man I had one. I quickly graduated to .177 and .22 caliber pellet rifles and have had a love affair with them ever since.

The Daisy I found was an as new, in the box model 94 lever gun. The price was under $80.00 so I figured what the heck. The 6 year old can use it with supervision and will enjoy it.

Then someone comes along on the post and links to some other board where these M94s are being listed anywhere from $200 to over $800 and some are in pretty ratty condition.

Are these folks for real? Is this model some sort of treasure that I should put in a museum? I just wonder if any of you know anything about them that would make someone think that a Daisy BB gun is worth that kind of money.

The 6yo is still going to get it but I have never heard of this model before nor do I see the great appeal.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drhall762
posted Hide Post
In advance, sorry if this is not the appropriate venue.

Dave

In 100 years who of us will care?
An armed society is a polite society!
Just because they say you are paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

Posts: 899 | Location: Ammon, NC | Registered: 31 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, it's like muscle cars of the 60s and 70s. Baby Boomers with the money are interested because they bring back memories of their youth.

Posts: 20082 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Wow. That's the Daisy I grew up with.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16346 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I think what you are missing is that what someone is willing to pay, and what something is worth are two distantly related concepts.

"Beanie Babies" are the most recent example that I can think of.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4225 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Big Grin