Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions please
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Just bought a Ruger AirHawk. Now decided to pull the trigger on the real deal.
What do you folks think of the Diana RWS 34 EMS in 22 cal?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
One of the better break barrels. Enjoyed mine before I got into PCP’s.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
If springer and scope is what you want, buy something with cocking lever and solid barrel. Such as HW 97k or Air Arms TX 200.

If open sights only, break barrel is fine.

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sold all of my side leaver and under leaver springers and kept the break barrel rifles. Diana 34's are good shooters, I've have had a couple.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks everybody for the input. I appreciate it

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8342 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill C.:
Sold all of my side leaver and under leaver springers and kept the break barrel rifles. Diana 34's are good shooters, I've have had a couple.

Break barrel rifles with scopes or open sights? (never seen accurate break barrel rifle with scope, or precisely as accurate as fixed barrel air rifle)

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
What jiri said! Now I'm leaning heavily toward a RWS 48 side lever for that very reason.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To bad the side levers are to darn heavy!

Posts: 143 | Location: mid-michigan | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckey:
To bad the side levers are to darn heavy!

Maybe they figure the additional weight will dampen
some of the accuracy killing vibrations. Roll Eyes

Maybe I just need to pony up and buy a RWS 52! dancing

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
I can recommend, from my own experience, HW97k. I bought it in 2007. In 4.5mm/.177 cal. I installed V-Mach FAC tuning kit few months later and since that I just shoot it. It is really accurate with JSB Exact pellets, longest shot on bird was at 82 meters. Shot it on regular basis at 60-70 meters, I mean feral pigeon shooting. Very effective, still not destructive for roofs of agriculture buildings etc. Killed hundreds of pigeons with it.

Jiri

One of Us
Picture of TREE 'EM
posted Hide Post
I bought a RWS 34 .22 about 20 or so years ago to use at work. Several thousand rounds later I'm still confident in it to make 50 yard 1st round hits on squirrels and pigeons.

I still have my RWS 45 .177 that I bought 40+ years ago. After 10's of thousands of rounds, it's still as accurate as the day it was new.

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 1213 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Jiri and tree em are your guns scoped or open sights?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Doug,

The new gas guns are in a league of their own.

It is like the jump from black powder to smokeless.

They are normally quite heavy, but some the new ones from Russia are much lighter and shoot extremely well.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
There are no open sights on HW97k. Now, there is 4-16x scope.

On my PCP Fx Crown MK2, there is 5-20x scope (Element Nexus).

Jiri

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the insight. Knowledge is power.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
Honestly I would look at one of the HW rifles over the Diana.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before you spend money on a springer you should shoot a pcp air rifle. I think you will be impressed.

Thank you.
Wayne

Wayne Johnson

Posts: 76 | Location: Yuba City California | Registered: 26 January 2010Reply With Quote