Find
Notify
Tools

Feinwerkbau 300S
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Where has this rifle been all my life? The barrel and sights are incredibly accurate. The trigger is an absolute dream. I can't imagine a better rifle for offhand practice.
If you find one, grab it and don't look back. In fact, Frank Martinez has one from Alberta Canuck for sale in the classifieds.
You will never regret owning a Feinwerkbau 300S.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I guess you like it? :-)

Posts: 20075 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jon, the thing is a laser and that trigger is simply magic.
dancing

– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed mine for several years now. Best way to keep your offhand skills from deteriorating...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You do know what the price new for one of those is, yes? heh, heh, heh.
Can't say anything. A dealer closing his shop "gifted" me with a broken Fein M-60 pistol. It'll take about two bills to get it working, but that's about a third of the used price for a used one apparently.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only more expensive spring piston air rifles I know of are the thumbhole stocked Running Boar models. I've been looking for one, but I can't swing the $2400-2600 asking price for one.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Rich, I didn't know they had gotten so dear. I think it was Capstick who wrote an article years ago on an airgun club in South Africa -- mostly SA generals as members -- and many shot the FWB running boar.

– John Green, author

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We've had a Beeman retailer here for about thirty years, Tony Kojis. He keeps looking for me, but no luck so far. I had an R9, good vermin/bird killer out to sixty yards.

one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
I also have had one for over 15 years and if the number of shots fired in a year are any indication it certainly qualifies as my favorite rifle.
Everyone who I let shoot it almost immediately starts looking for one as well.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4187 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heads up - I believe that IMA(?) has one on auction right now. Opening bid is $149.00.

Posts: 148 | Location: back in the USA | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
I have had mine close to 30 years now. I don't shoot it enough, but is great for offhand practice. I also have a 124 that gets a bit more use, extra velocity and power is great for yard varmits.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had both a FWB-300 and a FWB-124 for around 35 years. The 124 does not get used nearly as much as the 300 since the 300 is so much easier to shoot accurately. I am use it for pest eradication rather than target practice. The 300 has probably accounted for a hundred rabbits, a couple hundred squirrels and thousands of pest birds. The only problem with the 300 is that if the pest runs or flies off before one can shoot, it cannot be uncocked and cannot be left cocked for a long tome so it must be shot wasting a pellet. Probably half the many thousand of pellets I've shot through it were just to avoid it being cocked for a long time.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
the 300 pops up fairly regularly on air gun for sale sites. i know of 2-3 for sale as i type this

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one that I was contemplating selling as I don't shoot it anymore. Pm me if you might be interested. I bought it because I shot one in my youth and always kind of wanted one. I bought one used and fired about 100 rds they it. They are an awesome rifle.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote