THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Aztec Emerald 5.5-25X50 FFP Scope?

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Aztec Emerald 5.5-25X50 FFP Scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted
Anyone using this scope? It is rare to find a MOA adjustment/MOA reticle using the first focal plane. My son is using a high quality scope that uses the above specs and it makes it easy to hit. You can develop a range card/ firing solution easier when everything is compatible. Why would you want an MOA adjustment with a mildot scope???? It has been interesting to locate for quite a while. Using the laser rangefinder makes it all work together when you add the Kestrel weather devices. Lots of fun to see a pest species bird on the power line, range, and shoot. Hearing a loud pop and knowing the cloud of feathers was your target.....Priceless. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Packy--You use more rocket science in killing pest birds than what I do. But I love to shoot a sparrow, starling, or grackle off a power line and hear a double thump. First thump is the pellet hitting the bird and the second the bird hitting the ground. When they thump hitting the ground you know they free fell, no effort to fly and they are dead. When there is a cloud of feathers, but they still fly off, I don't think they'll go far. Oh in answer to your question, not familiar with it.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like a goof I missed the r in emerald. I made it almost unrecognizable. But knowing all that data can make a precise shot at long ranges a reality. It helps you get to know the trajectory etc. Matt Dubber assisted in the designing of the Emerald and he has a lot of shooting experience of airguns and cartridge guns. Search You Tube and find his channel. Lots of how to with airguns. Be Well. Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am using the Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 FFP on my air rifle.

The turrets are MOA and the lines and dots on the inside are MOA.

I don't really use the turrets much any more. I just use the lines and dots in the retical.
This scope is awesome.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking at that reticle would make me dizzy.

Dave

Posts: 2086 | Location: Seattle Washington, USA | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
None of the arrows and big numbers are in the scope. They are there to show measurement.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bought a SWFA 3-15X42 FFP with Multiquad reticle. It is Mil/Mil. Was a good deal at SWFA in the used scope section. SAMPLE LIST Be Well. Packy

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ron, obviously the Diamondback is holding up to the unique two-way recoil of your TX200.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The two way recoil is always the problem unless the reticle is supported on both sides. Some scopes are made for it and some will shred the reticle. I hate to see optics not supported on both sides but there may be a reason for it. Be Well. Packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm using the Diamondback on an FX Wildcat MK2 compact .25. I'm really impressed with it as well. I'm glad to hear it holds up with the TX's recoil. Perhaps I'll get another one for a Diana 470TH that needs some glass.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Let us know how that scope does. Be Well, Packy.