New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just bought my first air gun in 33 years. Beeman R9.

What scope should I get?

Thanks

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the Burris air rifle scopes.

Posts: 1283 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I have Hawke scopes on 5 of my air rifles. Good optics for the money(200-400$). Major advantage over Burris and Leopold is they side focus down to air gun range- 10 to 20 yards out to infinity at all scope power ranges. Most general purpose rifle scopes won't be in focus at max power inside 50 yards. I tried Burris air gun scopes and Leupy EFR scopes but just didn't like them as much...The Hawke Sidewinder tactical series are my favorite

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13095 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beretta--I have a Leupold 3x- 9x with EFR and I'm highly pleased with it. It focus down to 10 meters and is in focus to infinity. I consider it the BEST buy in an air gun scope. I have not priced them lately, but a few years ago you could buy a new one for $307. I watched them on EBAY and they always sold and the minimum was $275.(I'm sure that some were older and the seller paid less than $275 when they bought it). So if you could ALWAYS sell it for at least $275 and you paid $307 that made it a $32 scope. Can't beat that. Not to mention the fabulous Leupold warranty--if there is a problem with the scope, it's Leupold's problem, not yours. Whatever you do, get a scope that will focus down to airgun range--most scopes are 50 yards and that is out of most air gun range. You bought a nice rifle, would be a shame to hang a cheap scope on it, sorta like buying a Mercedes with a Yugo engine.

Posts: 3795 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information guys.

I have reached a conclusion for real world hunting and shooting the primary driver of my shooting skills is optics.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
primary driver of my shooting skills is optics.

And HUGE banana clips!

Posts: 20065 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
quote:
primary driver of my shooting skills is optics.

And HUGE banana clips!
Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consider also buying an R7 for quiet backyard plinking. You won't believe how much you'll like the gun. It's only about 600 fps, so it's no hunter; but what a great plinker!

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Beretta--I have a Leupold 3x- 9x with EFR and I'm highly pleased with it. It focus down to 10 meters and is in focus to infinity. I consider it the BEST buy in an air gun scope. I have not priced them lately, but a few years ago you could buy a new one for $307. I watched them on EBAY and they always sold and the minimum was $275.(I'm sure that some were older and the seller paid less than $275 when they bought it). So if you could ALWAYS sell it for at least $275 and you paid $307 that made it a $32 scope. Can't beat that. Not to mention the fabulous Leupold warranty--if there is a problem with the scope, it's Leupold's problem, not yours. Whatever you do, get a scope that will focus down to airgun range--most scopes are 50 yards and that is out of most air gun range. You bought a nice rifle, would be a shame to hang a cheap scope on it, sorta like buying a Mercedes with a Yugo engine.

+1. Great scope.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13306 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote