New
Find
Notify
Tools

scoping a FWB65
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A quick question for those with some experience: I have a Feinwerkbau model 65 which I would like to scope. I had this done to a 65 many years ago, and it involved disassembly, drilling and tapping the top cover (I seem to recall that some sort of backing plate was added), then screwing a rail to the top. I foolishly sold that gun ages ago, but I don't want to go the same route with this one. I wonder if some sort of aftermarket rail can be bolted to the barrel, or will this destroy accuracy? Any other ideas or suggestions?

Posting this question on a local (Canadian) airgun forum produced nothing...I hope one of you gents can come up with something.

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You mean the 10m target pistol collectors item?

not surprised you got no response

Like asking a Rolls Royce club what would be the best American V8 to use for your Classic RR Pickup Truck project. Eeker

I'd have the receiver drilled and taped for a rail, ring mounts on the barrel don't usually work out too well.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LOL, yes, the typical response was something along the lines of "Is that imported?"

Thanks for your response. I was hoping to avoid actual alterations to the gun, but it looks like I have little choice.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A quick follow-up in case anyone is interested: At a recent gunshow I picked up a B-Square mount intended for the Baikal single-pump pistol (IZH465 or something like that) that mounted on my barrel the same way. So far so good...about 300 rounds with no problems.