THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Anyone play with one o' these?

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone play with one o' these?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
With its weight and its duplication of the Webley action, this CO2 revolver seems as if it would be a lot of fun to plink with. Has anyone here handled or shot one?

https://www.pyramydair.com/pro...efield-finish?m=4482

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Well, I should have a hands-on report here pretty soon. Ordered one as a birthday present to my aging Baby Boomer self ..

hilbily

– John Green, author

Posts: 16367 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Bill, now that just looks like fun. Do you need a pith helmet to go with that, sir? Wink

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, no — already have a foreign service helmet. Front rank, FIRE!
Cool

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
Not that model, but one of the S&W M29 with 8 3/8 barrel. Accurate with BB’s more accurate with pellets. Also have one that looks like a 1911 and one in German Luger form to inckude recoiling toggle bolt. Those two are BB only.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kinda makes me want to rewatch Zulu + Khartoum (with those damned fuzzie-wuzzies) Big Grin

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, "Zulu" came out in 1964, when I was 11; "The Great Escape" was released the year before. These two films made a huge impression on my young mind -- especially the former -- and over the years many Martini Henrys and Webley revolvers have passed through my hands as a direct result.
I am pleased to say this CO2-powered Mark VI feels almost exactly like the real article. I can't wait to wring it out.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I would love to have one although having had the real deal, a 4" barreled Mark VI, I don't think it would be the same.

With the real deal I shot a couple of deer, several feral goats, rabbits, hares and possums, and a cattle beast that had a broken leg. My two youngest kids at the time (6yo boy and 9yo girl) used to enjoy shooting it, me holding their hand in mine of course.

Posts: 3849 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I had a kid come up here about 5 years ago wanting to sell a Webley in 38 S+W. A guy I had working here beat me to it + paid the kid $80.00. I should have fired his ass!