New
Find
Notify
Tools

BB's in a Pellet Gun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Daisy Powerline 856 that I use to practice at 15 yards offhand to simulate steel chickens at 40 yards. It says that it shoots both .177 pellets or BB's. I bought a container of 6000 Daisy BB's planning on shooting them but then I heard NOT to use bb's in it. I used half the bb's to fill the buttstock to give it some weight but figured, for what I am using it for, is it OK to use bb's or not, and why? At 15 yards it's plenty accurate and quiet for me to practice with the pellets, I was just wondering what to do with the remaining 3000 bb's.

Posts: 98 | Location: Eagle, Idaho | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a cheapie bb/pellet and have shot more bb's in it than pellets--no problem. So what to do with 3,000 bb's---shoot 3000 sparrows,rattlesnakes,starlings or feral cats. Make sure they are feral. Easy to do. If they are on your place or someone elses and if alive they are feral. (otherwise they are not)

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Super 88:
I have a Daisy Powerline 856 ... It says that it shoots both .177 pellets or BB's. ...
In this situation, my guess is that Daisy knows what they are talking about(since they Designed it).

On the other hand, there are "Lead" BBs available somewhere I've been, if it really concerns you. Maybe Pyramid Air, Air Gun Warehouse, or Air Gun Depot.

I've sure shot a lot of regular old Copper Plated Steel BBs out of my Red Ryder(before I wore it out) and then the Daisy Golden Eagle(which I still have) over the years.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They won't harm it the rifleing in a BB gun is shallow. I don't remember if that gun even has any.

But it's hardly a hunting gun especially as BBs aren't exactly accurate. Maybe rats with pellets
if your pretty close.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote