THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    The first rock chuck of the year with the TX200

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The first rock chuck of the year with the TX200
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Today I was home and I walked outside to the garbage can. A farmer down the street stopped and sounded mad. He said why haven't you been shooting rock chucks at my place? I said because you haven't asked me to! We both laughed and he asked me to come over to see where he needed help. I was sitting in my truck when one ran across the bottom of his yard and into some old equipment. He said show me what you got. I ranged it at 42 yards set the come up to 4.2 MOA and sent it. Right through the brain and he never knew what hit him.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Anyone here ever eat one.
Vegetarian like other critters we do eat, so I am just wondering.
Anything other that serious answers please go look for another thread to share your your "humor"

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My son cooked one. He made tacos out of it. He did say it was really greasy.
I like squirrels but not sure I would eat a chuck.

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Anyone here ever eat one.
Vegetarian like other critters we do eat, so I am just wondering.
Anything other that serious answers please go look for another thread to share your your "humor"

My mother used to shoot them out the kitchen window (open of course), cooked the young tender ones, gave the old ones to the dogs.
I do not remember eating them, my memories don't go back that far.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14331 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Nice work, Ron.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16303 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And so it began. Who knew it'd turn out to be a record year for you, Ron? I'm glad he got to see your abilities first hand on the first chuck of the year!

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I hope you get more this year. Be Well, Packy.