Find
Notify
Tools

Just plain old great fun!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
This thing sure does tickle my inner child. It would sure teach the starlings to stay out of the plum tree!

hilbily

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tDa-97gIs

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16317 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out this video

https://youtu.be/AmqomvFfzns

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't owned an air-rifle for over 35 years.

You guys are going to get me buying one pretty soon if you keep posting this stuff.

Whe I was a kid living at home I would rush home after school and set up in the back yard.

Picking starlings and turtle doves off the power lines in the front street from the back yard was easy.
Our next door neighboor would get home after work and have to drive over six or more carcasses to enter his driveway but was always a good sport about it.

Posts: 531 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 June 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Loved the video Ron. Those head shots do the job!
Paul, if you haven't handled one of the precision adult air rifles, you are missing out. I, too, worked over the powerline birds with a Daisy -- but 55 years ago.

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16317 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
60 years ago for me. I started with a slingshot and graduated to b-b guns. Then pellet guns. Not it is spring piston multi-pump pneumatic, and PCPs. Be Well. Packy