THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    CMP Daisy 853C Replaced with R7

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CMP Daisy 853C Replaced with R7
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone with experience on the CMP refurbished Daisy 853C air rifles? I just ordered one, mostly for fun plinking, but looking forward to a safer method of keeping the squirrels and crows off my bird feeders. They are only $125 plus $15 shipping. New seals and receiver sights and globe front sights.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Received the Daisy 853C air gun today. I was really amazed how fast the CMP shipped my order. It came in a large cardboard box, with foam inserts for the rifle, receiver sight, envelope of extra front globe inserts, sling and instructions.

Nice condition and very accurate. It is however, not a high velocity air rifle, be it slightly stronger than my grand kids old BB gun. Overall, I am happy with it, especially for the $$ spent.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As nice and accurate as the Daisy 853C is, I decided to move up to a Beeman R7. Ordered one today from Pyramyd Air. Should be here early next week.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, let us know how you like the R7. Planning to mount a scopoe?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think a scope would really enhance my ability to shoot tight groups. Most reviews favor the Hawke 2-7x44 scope. Not sure if the R7 requires a true air rifle scope due to the springer recoil. Need to do more research, I guess.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, I have that same Hawke 2-7 on my Xisico B-25, and like it. Despite the lower velocity of the R-7, I think you'll want an airgun-rated scope with any springer.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got my R7 in earlier this week. It really puts my Daisy and my Hy-Score 808 (Diana 15 copy) to shame. You have to hold the R7 to appreciate the quality and workmanship it has. Ordered 4 different .177 pellets from Amazon and have been shooting them to see which groups the best. So far all seem to be close to each other. Looking forward to adding a scope to it.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Uncle Grinch

I hope you will enjoy your new R7. What I believe it is not possible to uncock rifle for safety reason. I hate this so I removed small part from my HW97K and now it can be easily uncocked. I believe it will work the same for your Beeman R7 / Weihrauch HW30S.

Jiri

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R7s can be decocked quite easily. Break the barrel, hold it firmly with the left hand, release the safety and pull the trigger. Slowly return the barrel to closed position.
I have two R7s, early ones with no safety and 14mm barrels. Wonderfully made and very accurate.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
My HW (R7 is made by HW) had part inside prohibiting releasing the safety in this procedure. When I dismantled it for installing tuning kit, I removed this blocking part. Maybe, it is market dependent option or whatever (R7 is really different rifle at all).

Jiri

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the R7 is cocked, can you “dry fire” it without a pellet?

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No! Don’t dry fire any springer rifle! The pellet in the bore helps to create some back pressure in front of the piston. Without the pellet there is nothing preventing full power metal on metal contact when the piston slams home.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I kinda figured that may be the case. Haven’t shot it without pellets.

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net