Find
Notify
Tools

Filling a PCP
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted
I am contemplating getting one of the high pressure compressors on Flea Bay to feed my PCP rifle. Up until now I have been tiring myself with a hand pump which works great but will almost give you a coronary.
My question is are you supposed to fill a tank with the compressor and then fill the PCP rifle from there or can you fill the rifle straight from the compressor?

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Much safer to fill a tank, then fill the gun from the tank. SCBA tanks ( carbon fiber fireman bottle) are best as they generally will to 4500 psi.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can get a Nomad 2 compressor on Pyramid Air or Airgun Depot for filling directly to your gun. However, the moisture filter they provide with the system is nothing but some felt pads inside a stainless steel housing. I run mine with an additional filter from airtanksforsale.com. Joe can set you up with a Carrette filter ( http://www.airtanksforsale.com/AlphaFilter/ ) that he can build to use for direct filling (be sure to tell him this is your intended use so he can install a pressure release valve) and you will be in business.

I have the Nomad 1 (wish I had waited for the Nomad 2 as it is one piece unit without an outside power system which makes it much more convenient than the first edition and not awkward to use). I also have an Omega Super Charger compressor that I use to fill a 97 cubic foot carbon fiber tank from Joe at airtanksforsale.com. Filling a gun from the tank is much easier and faster. While the Nomad 2 is portable and can be powered through a car battery, the air tank is much easier to use in the field (or at home for that matter).

one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
I have a JTS GX-E-CS3 COMPRESSOR on the way, I'll post some info about it after I have put it through it's paces.

Steve.......

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote