THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Preliminary Report On Five High Power Rifles

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Preliminary Report On Five High Power Rifles
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
We finally got time to try 3 Sinner rifles, and two Daystate rifles.

The Sinners are in 45, 30 and 223 Caliber.

The Daystates are both 30 caliber, one rated at 100 ft.lbs and one 70 ft.lbs.

We shot all of them, and they all shoot very accurately.

Except the 30 caliber Sinner.

The bullets were supplied with will not stabilize in the rifle.

They all keyhole.

I have some data prepared by my friend Roy Vincent, who shot all these rifles, and I will have additional data prepared, and will post it.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to your test. Always amazed at how elaborate and thorough you test.

Years ago on a different forum, there was a group buy for a mold that would cast heavier pellets. This heavy pellet was to penetrate and carry further almost to the point you could hunt capes with it. This was actually contrary to what I want in a pellet. I shoot mostly in my back yard and if they made a pellet that had a parachute that opened at my property line, that would be more to my liking. Someone ordered the mold for me. It made like a 25 grain pellet in .17 caliber. They key holed. Someone in South America reported they got good accuracy shooting them backwards. I tried that and didn't get good accuracy and penetration was horrible. Actually shooting starlings and sparrows, penetration not really a factor, nor is it on rattlesnakes which I've shot a few of. Maybe I should take up hunting capes with my air rifle.

Posts: 3796 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
As a Daystate fan and owner of the .303 Wolverine in the 100ft lb version, I look forward to the report. My .303 typically produces 1/2” groups at 50 yards when I do my part. The bog bore Sinners are supposedly quite a nice rifle.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Sinner 45 caliber is a very big rifle.

Very long, and very heavy.

Someone borrowed it to shoot some game with it.

I will let you know what they say.

First report is it is far too heavy to carry all day! clap

Add to that the fact of the tank is only good for 2 good shots, before velocity drops drastically.

Posts: 66756 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Daystate Red Wolf 70 ft.lbs. electronic.

Fully charged at 274 bar.

Fired 150 shots before drop in point of impact.

Pressure was 130 bar when drop started.

75 shots went into a group about an inch!!

Very good results indeed.

Fill the tank, and one can shoot all day by the looks of it.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Our guests have gone home, so I have some time to shoot the rifles.

The dealer dropped 7 more here this morning for testing.

Two of these are DAYSTATE but I have not looked at the others.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I will post photos when I finish the test.

But, here are my results for the DAYSTATE RED WOLF 65 ft.lbs. model.

44.75 JSB MATCH PELLETS at 50 yards, 5 shots.

0.472, 0.856, 1.020, 0.719, 0.695. Average 0.752 and the velocity was 785 fps with a full tank, indicated on the digital display as having 274 bar.

50.15 JSB MATCH PELLETS at 50 yards, 50 shots.

0.436, 0.0.634, 0.731, 0.407, 0.596. Average 0.560 and the velocity was 752 fps at a full tank, 274 bar.

The pressure dropped to 80 bars after 145 shots, and a the velocity was 508 fps with the 50.15 pellets.

Pressure dropped to 88 bar after 160 shots, and the velocity was 549 fps with the 44.75 pellets.

Point of impact dropped 3.4-5.0 inches at around 85 bar.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing Saeed.

Impressive numbers these Daystates do. I have seen Daystate have a `Safari` version in their electronic Red Wolf. 30cal 80 Ibs or .25cal .70 ft/ibs with a special ART barrel.

Looking foreward to see more test results Smiler

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I have had consistently lovely results with various JSBs, but none larger than .25. Good to see they can be seriously accurate in the larger bores.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16305 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I hoped there would be a Huben K-1 in the mix. I think I will pick one up at the end of the month. Some people are using heavy pellets and some are using cast bullets in them. They are semiautomatic. Be Well. Packy

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Alan shot an Arabian oryx with the Sinner 45.

I have done the Daystate Red Wolf in 22.

Very accurate, and the tank is good for 200 shots.

Even after 180 shots, still very accurate.

Drop was also not nearly as m8ch with the 30 calibers.

I had to return several of them, as we encountered small problems.

One started leaking, others I did not want to bother with as each had a different connector for the air.

Another annoying fact was also the rails they have for the scopes.

We have several makes of rings, some would not fit as they were too wide, others would not fit because they are too narrow??

We actually had to file one side of the rings that fits on the tails to make them fit.

A bit silly really that one has to go through these steps when it is avoidable.

Next is the 25 caliber, and I will post all results.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think in this day and age standardizing seems to be beyond the air gun field. It seems that there are 7mm, 22mm and 25mm wide scope rails and some brands just seem to mix and match without any rhyme or reason. And look at the morass of adapters and 25 and 30 mm rings.

I'll bet the gun grabbers will find a way to outlaw those next. Mad

If everyone would rag on the weapon makers about the BS then SOMEONE might look up from their dinners and WAKE-UP.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Who makes the 22MM and 25MM? Some real big bores there. Packy

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I think he means 22 and 25 calibers for the guns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SCOPE RAIL WIDTHS, not calibers...didn't I say that...I think I did.

7mm wide rails for rimfire and airgun usually, 22mm wide or slightly less than 25mm or 1" "standard" rail width and 25mm and 30mm ID scope rings for ALL the rail widths.

Just saying it would be nice to standardize ALL scope rails and ring ID's/heights then there wouldn't be such a pile of BS when trying to match scope OD to rail width's or scope objective OD. I have a drawer full of rings and mounts and STILL have trouble matching them up when I make/buy a new rifle/airgun/scope.

Good Hunting. tu2 beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is very good info. I have to get an air rifle!

IHMSA BC Provincial Champion and Perfect 40 Score, Unlimited Category, AAA Class.

Posts: 3335 | Location: Kamloops, BC | Registered: 09 November 2015Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Air rifle manufacturers like to mess you up.

Here is a perfect example on the Daystate.

They have a carbon outside liner on the barrels.

Looks very nice, and makes it lighter.

But, 11mm scope rails cannot be mounted on.

They have to be slid on from teh end.

But, the carbon barrel won't allow this from the front, and from the back the rail is blocked!!

You cannot slip it on from the top, as the mounts won't fit, being too narrow.

Only solution is for you to file one side off enough to get it on.

Bloody stupid, from both the rifle and scope mounts makers.

Found some Italian made mounts, ALESSANDRO, which fit without any problems.