New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just took possession of a Diana M-35 air fifle.Can anyone give me some advice on cleaning and lubricants to use on it. It is in 99% condition. Thanks Jim

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim--Diana literature and the products Diana sells seem to be contradictory. Literature says working parts like piston and mainspring need no lubrication. Yet they sell mainspring oil?? They say pellets leave a beneficial residue and thus cleaning and lube not needed. Exception is if you get dirt in the barrel then use a cleaning pellet. (cleaning pellets being very light it's best to use 2 or 3 to give more weight). Outside parts should be wiped down and very lightly lubed.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim--Forgot to add--as a firearm shooter as well as air guns, I find it hard to not swab the bore--I found that very heavy weed trimmer line will push a small patch through and makes a good cleaning rod.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't get any oil into the air chamber.
A smear of oil on the barrel seal every 250 shots.
You shouldn't need to clean and lube the barrel much, some guys never clean an airgun barrel. Unless your in really humid conditions.
Or the accuracy drops off.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. Put a Leupold 4x copact on it and will see how it shoots when it warms up a bit. Jim Merry Xmas

Yackman

Posts: 582 | Location: Searcy,AR | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim--Been there done that--the Leupold scope. Their regular scope doesn't focus down to air gun range. I tried the 2x-7x compact. There is good and bad news. Good news--their 3x-9x compact with EFR (extended focus range--adjustable objective) is very clear and withstands the recoil of a spring air rifle. Bad news--they are pricey. If your RWS is like mine--you wont get the adjustment you need with the scope adjustment---buy an adjustable mount.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
RWS are notorious for needing drooper mounts( adjustable). RWS actually sell their own brand( although made by someone else) of drooper mounts for use on their airguns. without it, you may not have enough adjustment in your scope reticle position to get it own paper( i didn't- had to buy the adjustable mount). the good news is RWS drooper mounts are generally less then $25 on airgun websites. good luck!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote