New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daystate Air Wolf MCT.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
WOT !! are you coming out as an Airgunner???

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
first of all, this moron doesn't own a TalonSS. he would never spend that much money on a "BB" gun. secondly he is a legend only in his own mind. to every one else(except maybe Frank Martinez) he is a laughable joke. of course he fully believes he is the reincarnation of John Wayne/Harry Selby/Wally Johnson/ John Taylor/Audi Murphy. come on Santa Claus, at least shut up until Christmas. then your bearded pot belly persona will get you a few laughs.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13137 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
so you really want to see my crocs, hippo, leopard ,buffalo, kudus, gemsboks, bushbucks, waterbuck red hartebeast, Lichenstein hartebeast, springbok, warthogs, impalas, suni, red duiker, steenbok, eland, blue widebeasts, tssesbe,bushpig, mountain reedbuck, common reedbuck, nyala,zebras, sable and blesbok? notice that a number of those are plural you blowhard. if you check hunt reports you will find a bunch of them posted from my last 2 safaris to Moz. the others were shot on trips prior to joining AR but i posted a few pictures on other posts( such as the gemsbok i shot in Bots.- #3 in the book last time i checked- same hunt i shot my leopard, also posted here somewhere, plus a 54 inch kudu( my second) and a springbok). if you want to get in a pissing contest about trophies, i WILL bury your fat ass!!!!. and i somehow doubt you spent the $525 that a Talon SS costs- since it is just a BB gun. the more you post, the stupider you look. but keep it up-we all appreciate a good laugh.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a photo of some Classic Iron kindly sent to me for posting by "Idaho" ...

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Strange as it seems there is actually a British Bill of Civil Rights, and it guarantees the population of Brittan "The right to keep and bear arms."
Sound familiar? Well it should it's the inspiration for your Constitution.
It's never been repealed and is still valid. Somebody should mention it to the Bas*ards in power over here. We have a new Conservative Gov. but Hunting to them means chasing Foxes on Horseback over your Country Estate.
Not poor folk owning guns for personal security or hunting for food.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, i suppose if you had a British version of the ACLU, maybe you could get them to fill suit and force it into the courts. although all things considered you are MUCH better off without an ACLU clone. I am still astounded that Rich owns an expensive BB gun- why????????????

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know you appreciate quality in firearms and air rifles. Take a good look son. There's about thirty-thousand dollars there. That's about fifteen percent of my collection.
The Talon SS, even with that Nikko-Sterling 10-40X-56mm scope and the yardage wheel and laser sight isn't quite a grand. It's the least expensive thing there. I make good money, and I like nice things.

I have no issues with you, I am not perfect either. The deal is, by time you turn sixty-one your kids are all grown, finished college and are out of the house. You build a new house, and bust your butt to pay it off. Your lovely wife then lets you run amuck with toys.

You have accomplished a lot in your life. I respect that. Why is it difficult to believe someone else has done well?

I was not dissing you, I just questioned spending that kind of money on a used air rifle.

Bury the hatchet? But not in my forehead...

regards,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya man! us Airgunners got to stick together.
Doesn't matter what you have or what you've done in life, if you still own an Airgun whatever it costs, you are at heart, still just a kid walking the tracks or down by the dump ... hopeing to get a Rat or maybe even a Rabbit. If your real lucky!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
.writing this from the Skyclub at LAX. leaving in an hour for my Zim buff hunt. consider the hatchet buried. it's best that we hang together or we will surely hang alone.just for the record, Rich, your rifle is a Condor, not a Talon SS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consider it done. Good luck on your hunt. I read once that men of good character can agree to disagree on things and remain friends.

Hope to see you at SCI next January and I WILL buy the first round.

Rich
AirPower

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK I'll stir the fire, can't shoot what? with what? here's the pic airgun elk

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't start...

Rich
space

one of us
posted Hide Post
"The first shot was a little high and it spinned him"

750Lb Elk .. 320gr 890fps ..
"Spinned Him" bewildered

Do we smell a rat?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you maybe consider ....HMMM ?

He might of meant to say " SPINED " ( Spinal Cord ).

quote:
" The first shot was a little high and it spinned him and he dropped "

Possibly... just a little spelling error, which we alllllll make !!

PAPI
beer

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
of course, never thought of that

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
well, i finally found a 3 month old/new Airwolf and it was only 100 miles away. picked it up this afternoon and mounted a scope when i got home. unfortunately it is supposed to rain the next 2 days so i won't get it sighted in till next weekend. fired a few rounds in the yard and the trigger is absolutely amazing!! it is set at about 5-6 ounces and with essentially no lock time( after all, it is electronic), when you just think about squeezing it- the pellet is already out of the barrel. the electronics are a bit complicated at first but a few minutes of actually reading the owners manual took care of that. it's really nice to have an on-board LCD showing tank pressure, magazine shots remaining, total shots taken since refill, low pressure warning indicator and a few other things. you basically turn the gun on like a light switch, then fire away. amazingly quiet for a 40 ft-lb rifle. looking forward to wringing it out next weekend. and yes, with a big scope, it is heavy but balances beautifully. going to install sling swivel studs this week. more to come.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you found one.

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is quite an amazing thing, that's for sure.
Once you get used to it you are spoiled for any other trigger.
The thing I find though, is there is no chance to pull your shot back on track if needed as you fire.
No time for a last correction as you squeeze!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
man, that's for sure. you even think about firing and the pellet is GONE!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
got out today between rainstorms and sighted in the rifle. only took 6 shots and i was 1/2 inch high at 25 yds and dead on at 50. 1/2 to 3/4 groups at 50, mainly due to my inexperience with a hair trigger. when i did my part, groups were 1 ragged hole. after 80 shots, the velocity was still 1050 fps, even though tank pressure was down from 220 bar to 155 bar. got to love that electronic valve regulator- the lower the tank pressure the longer it stays open and the more air is released to keep velocity up. a real no brainer for the internal computer. i am guessing i will get at least 90-100 shots per fill before performance drops. took it down to the barn after sighting in and found 1 lonely pigeon on the power line- about 35-40 yds and DRT. I DEFINITELY HAVE A NEW LOVE IN THE LOVE IN THE WORLD OF AIR RIFLES!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jerry,

Watch for another deal like that in your travels. You really have my interest piqued!

Jerry

Posts: 219 | Location: North Fork, ID | Registered: 24 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jdollar,

a bit out of my price range, but one would be nice.

I am still in search of a Beeman (sp?) thumbhole stocked Running Boar model for under two-grand.

Congrats...

Rich

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Judge Jerry:
Jerry,

Watch for another deal like that in your travels. You really have my interest piqued!

Jerry
this is the third air rifle i have bought this year( Benjamin NP XL, Air Force Talon SS,now this). there is no comparison between the first 2 and the Daystate. i thought each was great at the time but there is no way to improve on this rifle and maintain power, shot count, accuracy, trigger pull, quietness,and overall quality. i am now going to sell the first 2 plus my RWS 36- no need to keep them since i can't see myself shooting them much anymore. once you sample damn near perfection, it is hard to go backward. refilled the tank today and ran another 50 rounds through it just for the sheer pleasure of learning to use the hair trigger. if i miss a shot, it is definitely my fault!

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
check this out Rich
http://www.network54.com/Forum...el+300S+Running+Boar
seek and thou shalt find, with my compliments. the "yellow forum" is the best place on the internet to find air guns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woo-Hoo!!

thanks for the tip.

Rich

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
bought a Daystate silencer and some Predator pellets for my Airwolf and they arrived today. with the factory shrouded barrel the rifle was already VERY quiet but now it is even more so. the predators are the air gun equivalent of Hornady V-Max rounds- EXPLOSIVE ON GAME. after sighting them in( which basically required nothing as they hit the same POI and grouped the same- dead on at 50 yards with 1/2 inch groups). i just fiddled around for about 100 rounds. while taking a break, i spotted 2 pigeons on the ridgeline of my barn roof down the hill. walked down there and rested the gun on a fencepost about 35-40 yards away.first shot and a puff of feathers. cranked in another round quickly while the remaining pigeon looked over the edge at his dead buddy. 5 seconds later he joined his friend. no fuss, no muss, no noise, 2 dead birds. this gun and pellet combo is a deadly, quiet killing machine. can't wait till spring and the ground squirrels come back out in significant numbers. in the meantime, the pigeons and starlings are in big trouble.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
murderer...

Rich
just kidding. Good shooting.

one of us
posted Hide Post
almost too easy 'ea

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
had a couple of guys out to the ranch today for a little air gun lead slinging. brought a variety of springers and PCP's and everybody shot everything. consensus of opinion? sell the FX Whisper and Cyclone,Benjamin Marauder, Airforce TalonSS, ALL THE SPRINGERS( and there were 5-6 RWS/ HW models) and buy a Daystate. both guys said the same thing- they could not believe how easy it was to shoot so well!! once they got used to the electronic trigger, 1/2 groups at 50 yards were no problem. as one guy put it- "this thing makes a good shooter into a great shooter with no additional effort- in fact, it takes LESS EFFORT to look like like a pro".

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey JDollar, You got my curosity up and I went out to check the Specs on the Daystate Air Wolf. This appears to be the same site, but more about it.

Then I went looking for the $$$cost$$$. shocker Wow!!!

But the biggest surprise, after reading all the good things you had to say about it, was when I located this "trashing" of it on You Tube. To hear this guy talk about it, my Crosman Storm is 100x better than what he saw.

Is he full of Beans, or were his comments justified? bewildered

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He has a point, though most is waffle. I think the MK4 was the best made Daystate.
But to hold up BSA as a mark of fine workmanship. bewildered
I've seen BSA R10s that look like the stock was chewed out by a Beaver on ASID, and the metalwork is like "Made in China".

The BSA Ultra he likes is a crappy toy for little girls.

And I like BSA.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i can only speak from my personal experience and i have had no issues at all. smoothest action, best trigger, quietest, and most accurate air rifle i have ever shot. had 2 guys out to the ranch a couple of weeks ago and they brought a LARGE assortment of rifles to shoot(FX, BSA, HW, RWS, Benjamin Marauders, etc.) both tried the Airwolf and both said exactly the same thing- far and away the best rifle they had ever shot with the best fit and finish. both said that the gun made them look like better shooters than they really were. it's hard to beat 1/2 groups at 50 yards with 90-100 full power shots before refilling the tank in a gun so quiet you barely hear it. as for cost, i found a 3 month old used one and paid $700 less than new price- still expensive but worth every penny.

one of us
posted Hide Post
After reading your alls glowing reports on them, the You Tube thing just didn't make sense to me.

Glad to hear you got a Deal on yours. tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i don't doubt for a second that the report stated exactly what the poster experienced- it's just that my experience is different. ANY company, no matter what their overall product quality, is capable of producing an occasional lemon. i think, however , on average that Daystate's product line is of superior quality. with the prices they charge, they would be out of business quickly if most of their rifles were junk. i spend quite a bit of time on various air gun forums and whenever the question comes up "what gun would you buy if money was no object?", the answer is almost always an Airwolf MCT or Mark 4 MCT, followed closely by an FX Royale. FX rifles are made in Sweden and like Daystate, they enjoy a worldwide reputation for quality. the FX Royale looks almost just like an Airwolf-i.e. it has a front air tank but has all mechanical innards- and yes they are also expensive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
... with the prices they charge, they would be out of business quickly if most of their rifles were junk. ...
That sums up what I was thinking about the You Tube flick.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I am posting this link not to help sell this guy's rifle but as another indication of what it will do. BTW, my Airwolf also shoots JSB 18gr and Kodiak 21 GR pellets best of the 1/2 dozen I have tried. and the yellow forum is the best website around for buying used air rifles
http://www.network54.com/Forum...93577517/Airwolf+MCT