New
Find
Notify
Tools

lewis & clark air rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A CLA gunsmith built one and had it listed for sale there a few months back. About $6500.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Video!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Brilliant! Cheers for posting it.

"doesn't go bang when it goes off" ?
bewildered

.46 cal and 800 psi must make a GOOD BANG ,,
Even maybe a KABOOM !!!
And 40 shots per charge is amazing.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
it's not just amazing- i suspect it's bullshit. 40 high power, large caliber shots from a 800psi charge. the best custom airgun makers today with all the high tech machinery/knowledge/ experience could never duplicate such a feat!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps, but the story is too good to mess up with facts...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta remember that in Lewis and Clark days was before global warming and air rifles had more power back then.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
i disagree. with global warming the air is now thinner(i.e. hotter) and therefore the bullets should be flying faster now in the thin air and thus develop more power. i'll check with Al Gore later( via the internet that he invented) to verify this, however.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jdollar--yes the air is thinner thus producing less pressure and reducing velocity. Sorta like thin air at high altitude.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote