Find
Notify
Tools

HW-97K
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Just got one from Krale Shietsport in the Netherlands. Only other HW I have owned was a Beeman-badged R-9. This rifle is just perfection. Amazing thing is I paid $391 US for it shipped to Oregon. Ordered it Monday, it arrived from the Netherlands on Thursday, UPS. These sell for more than $600 from U.S vendors.
My scope will arrive next week so I can only shoot it at short range just to get a feel for the trigger and firing behavior, but I think it is going to make a fine all-around hunting/plinking/field target rifle. The Germans know how to build airguns!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a great toy! I've got a HW30S, an RWS 52 and an RWS 460. The 30S gets most of the work because it's so neighbor friendly.

analog_peninsula
-----------------------

It takes character to withstand the rigors of indolence.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Dallas, Tx | Registered: 02 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Bill:

I have HW97k FAC version for about 9 years or so. I like it very much. I bought it as a combo with 3-9x40 scope.

It likes JSB Exact pellets. What I can recommend is "tuning kit", exactly that one:

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Sho...20Weihrauch%20Rifles

When installed tuning kit, I also removed a part blocking safety when cocking lever is down. Now I can decock a rifle easy, so you can have pellet inside and uncocked.

Jiri

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
BTW will be in Portland area in July/August. We can drink a beer or two somewhere . . .

Jiri

Posts: 2074 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jiri, thank you for that link, and yes, let me buy you a beer this summer.
Bill

– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Man, with JSB heavies, this rifle just wants to pile them in one hole. What a nice trigger.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Yes, I knowWink

I am happy it shoots well with recommended pellets.

Jiri

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Krale Shietsport in the Netherlands

As good as the price is in the HW97, the opening page of their site has Browning Buckmark magazine for only 52 bucks and change.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote