THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    Quackenbush .458 LA Outlaw Air Rifle

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quackenbush .458 LA Outlaw Air Rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received a new unfired Quackenbush .458 LA Outlaw Air Rifle shoots a 430gr bullet at 732fps.
I had got it without any information of what it was. There is no name on the gun.

After some serches on the net, I contacted Quackenbush to find out the bore or cal. size. There is no cal. designation on the gun.
It requires a 3000psi fill for a total of two shots.

It is a heavy well built gun in nice walnut. This gun is in left hand bolt configuration with weaver bases mounted, nothing else.
Any one have any experience with one of these?

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
if there was no name or caliber marking on the gun, how did you know it was a Quackenbush .458 or the bullet weight/velocity?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found pictures of large bore air rifles on the computer serches. Found one like mine. Called Quackenbush and was given the info. Each gun only has a number, and nothing more. That number tells Quackenbush what I have.

Posts: 2662 | Location: Lone Star State | Registered: 12 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one, fun gun but I get tired of filling it after awhile. Use pure lead bullets, I tried casting some from harder alloy and they would not chamber and shoot well. Google Mr. Hollowpoint as he sells pellets and can get you started if you want to shoot it.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finaly got to shoot the Quackenbush .45 cal. air rifle. Have to say it has a nice trigger on it. Cocking is a bit heavy but it new, hope it gets smoother.
Shooting 225 gr. prelubed cast bullets hit at 50 yards with lots of power. The gun had some recoil to it. It's fun to shoot.
The tube was being aired up to only 2,500 psi. but that must have been enough.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of those would really do a good job of getting the squirrels off my bird feeder

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote