THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    New airgun. Daystate Huntsman Revere

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New airgun. Daystate Huntsman Revere
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I thought something should happen and bought a new Daystate Huntsman Revere in .177cal doing just 18 ft/ibs.
I have been pinned down with leukemia for some time and things now looks brighter again.

Enough for plinking and for the occational pigeon.
I has a beautiful walnut stock to it. The seller in Portugal was kind to send pictures of the airgun. I am a bit picky on wooden stocks and this one fits right beside my H@H doublerifle.

I will recieve it here later this week. My pc is gone down sorry not able to post images as-I-write. Review however will follow. Bought 14000 pellets also(don't worry I will buy more :lol) to start up with.

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Jens, good luck on your treatment for leukemia; we wish you all the best. When you can, do please post pics of your new addition.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I love my Huntsman XL Super grade. It’s my favorite mechanical Daystate. Having been through chemo twice for non Hodgkin lymphoma, I have a good idea of what you face with leukemia so best of luck going forward. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13105 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Jens, Jerry, best wishes on your health issues.
Jens, I think buying a Daystate to mark a brighter outlook makes a huge amount of sense. Congratulations, and I look forward to seeing that stock wood at some point.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!!.

The Leukemia I was diagnosed with the 3rd of may was AML. After 1st chemo treatment the doctors made a bonemarrow biopsy some 4 weeks later and flund complete remation. The same happened after 2nd chemo treatment. I still have to go through the entire program, but I may not have to have a bonemarrow transplant.

Jerry: I hope and wish you the best. When recieving such diagnose its like someone made the world stop spinning. I felt like the hamsterwheel of life was blocked. Oh...I remember you being a Daystate man too..:-)

In regards to this Daystate I've on a "hunt" for a nice pcp airgun for years but been undecisive. I settled with not the most powerfull but the nicest.
18 ft/ibs is enough for plinking and small game. This airgun is light ,short and accurate. Perfect for woodswalking. I had some years back a .25cal from Theoben doing +50 ft/ibs. Supernice pcp but bulky. Even though it was silenced the pellet impact on pigeons was loud. I wanted here this time a backyard friendly gun the neighbours wont notice too much...:LOL.
I should recieve the gun the 17th of Aug according to the shipper.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Guys:

Best wishes on your health issues!

Jens:

It was one of the reasons to upgrade from springer to PCP - be as low profile as possible. 4.5 mm/.177" FX Crown MK2 with factory silencer is really silent, if set to about 23 ftlb. Springer feels much louder.

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Daystate Huntsman is top shelf. You are going to really enjoy shooting it. I love mine and set it up for Air Rifle Silhouette.
Good luck with your treatment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

I have had the airgun since august and shot some 500 shots with it. I can only say I am very pleased with it. Besides its beautiful it an accurate gun with JSB 10,34 grain. At 40m it shoot one-hole groups with just about all pellets, but at 70m the JSB 10,34grain stands out where the heavier 13 and 16grain from JSB scatter more. Its a nice gun to carry around which was one of my criterias. I get at least 85 shots at 18 ft/ibs on a 162cc airtube. The huma regulatorpressure can adjusted from the factory set 135psi to 170psi if one wants to take the gun apart, but as so far I have a good setup and I don’t want tamper with something that works well already.
I feel the Revere is a backyard friendly airgun. With a silencer the only bark is from the hammerspring(very silent).
The scope I have on the Revere is a Hawk sidewinder 4-16x50. Very pleased with that set-up. I don't use the big sidewheel as that for use on benchguns in my perspective.
The Daystate sidelever system works perfect. Very slick and userfriendly. Loading the mag is simple and easy too.

At 40m all pellets penetrate a ½" waterproof plywood plate. At 70m the heavy JSB 13grain redesign and the 16grain beast bounce of where the 10,34grain Exact dig in deep without penetration.

Best groups @70m with JSB 10,34grain Exact is about 1½". The heavier 13grain Redesign is 3-4" and the 16grain Beast is 6-8". So the gun obvious has a preference for the lighter 10,34grain. I guess the barrel needs more twist to stabilize heavier pellets.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Hello Jens,

hope everything is fine so far.

If I can recommend, try also JSB slugs. They are pretty new stuff. There are two versions in .177, I believe lighter 10gr version should works well for you. For my PCP, those 13,4gr version works excellent.

Jiri

Posts: 2067 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jiri:
Hello Jens,

hope everything is fine so far.

If I can recommend, try also JSB slugs. They are pretty new stuff. There are two versions in .177, I believe lighter 10gr version should works well for you. For my PCP, those 13,4gr version works excellent.

Jiri

I will get some tins of the JSB slugs too. The 13grainers seems to be in back-order just about everywhere. I have my look outs for these at different places.

Yes things going fine. Completed my third chemo here and waiting for the fourth and last chemo once my numbers are up. Even though no leukemia found I still have to go through the entire treatment. It comes with the traditional sideaffects like high fever and loosing appetite. Its a procces that I just must endure...whats the alternative?.. But all in all the doctors are positive I guess I must stay the same...lol.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jens,
Enjoy your new to you Daystate Huntsman
Best wishes on your recovery
Jim

Posts: 339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

40 meters test

70meters with JSB 10,34grain on a calm day

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did some testing here recently when there was a little break in the bad weather. All shots fired at 40m.

16,1grain EunJin

RWS Powerbolts 14,2 grain

Horrible pellet in my gun. 3 shots hit the target 3 went of somewhere.

Best pellet. H&N Hornet. One ragged hole

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jens:

Good to hear y0u're doing better than it sounded like at first.

Thats quite a variety of pellets to test.
Gives you something to keep occupied with.

Some are a whole lot better than others in your fine looking gun.

Enjoy, stay healthy and hang onto your perch!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5935 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by georgeld:
Jens:

Good to hear y0u're doing better than it sounded like at first.

Thats quite a variety of pellets to test.
Gives you something to keep occupied with.

Some are a whole lot better than others in your fine looking gun.

Enjoy, stay healthy and hang onto your perch!

George

Thanks George.

Things are now going so much better I have returned to work.

I love this little airgun here. Light and very simple to use, high quality and very accurate. I`ll do some more testing when warmer weather arrives. Its a keeper!.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Huntsman is fantastic. Gets way more use than any of my powder burning rifles, because I can shoot it in the house and my wife doesn't get too annoyed. They're great for air rifle metallic silhouette.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried the the new ZAN slugs here yesterday.

The 16grain did better than expected particular from an airgun which rifling are made for pellets.

40 meters

70 meters

The 20grain @ 40 meters didn`t do well. Maybe due to lack of power. Afterall it is only a 18-19 ft/ibs airgun.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you are enjoying this rifle.

You will find no matter what ammo you use, there will always be an OOPs pellet amongst them. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Saeed
Do you look at each pellet as you load the magazines looking for the "OOPS" pellet.

I just load and shoot them as they come out of the tins and have the uncalled flier here and there.

Jens
Looks like you have found several that the gun likes. Now if the next tin from a different lot shoots as well.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saees and TC

I shoot more with this gun than anything else. Very silent with a muffler on.

16 grain ZAN slugs.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shooting here at 70meters with 20grain ZAN slugs. The bottom group looks good

Here closer

The 20 grain ZAN slug is really a small projectile.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Jens
If I may, a suggestion.
It looks like the whole paper plate is your target.
A smaller target "bullseye" of a contrasting color centered on the plate may shrink your groups even more. The size will depending on your eyes, the type of sights and being able to concentrate on the front sight held to the "bull".

It does look like you are making that rifle perform up to snuff!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Great idea.

One can download every con target off the Net and print them.

That is what I do.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66765 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Jens
If I may, a suggestion.
It looks like the whole paper plate is your target.
A smaller target "bullseye" of a contrasting color centered on the plate may shrink your groups even more. The size will depending on your eyes, the type of sights and being able to concentrate on the front sight held to the "bull".

It does look like you are making that rifle perform up to snuff!

True!.

Then for the record.

My point of aim was the top plate where I had painted a black spot. The sights was set for a lighter pellet(13grain). The point of impact was ofcouse much lower when using the 20grain ZAN slugs.

Here with Huma moderator