New
Find
Notify
Tools

PCPMANIA
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Air guns got me by my short and curly's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORSE THAN DRUGS, BOOZE, CIG'S AND WHOA-MENS...not to mention powder guns.

Couldn't keep away from the airgun forums and discount links...ended up buying TWO Hatsans...a BullBoss in 22 cal, and a AT44-10 QE in 177...and I'm also looking HARD at an AirForce TalonP pistol in 25 Cal...I HAVE two other PCP's in 22 and 25 cals, a Gauntlet and a Daystate Air Wolf AND TWO springers in 177 cal..WHAT THE HECK...I DON'T NEED ANY MORE AIRGUNS just to shoot ratzzzzz and pine cones.

The Hatsans were on sale, been around for several years, are well received and have a ton of mods and online vids...the AT44 and BullBoss are the same basic rifle, just tricked out differently...all the basic pieces and parts can be swapped around which means I can take the air cylinder out of one and use it in the other to double my field hunting shots tank. There are some other air supply mods that require a bit of futzing around with for the AT44.

The AirForce TalonP is TOTALLY NEAT and SHORT and can also get a nice upgrade to a 62-68 CI bottle to effectively triple shot count...and the price IS RIGHT and a nice basis for a WILD set of mods...and can get EXPENSIVE mucking around with...but ammo is VERY cheap compared with powder guns.

I bought the 177 because I have over 5000 177 pellets in various weights, most of which were too light to shoot accurately in My RWS 48 and Umarex Octane...and probably too light for the AT44, but they will work great for break in and I won't feel my ancestral spirits coming to take me away to the far off lands. Hahahahaha

Anyway, gotta go play... dancing wave Big Grin

Good Hunting

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Watcha using to fill the reservoirs?

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nomad I compressor...got it just before the Nomad II came out...saved over a C note and didn't need/want the additional foo-foo's, but the II is still an excellent cost/value.

So far the Hatsan AT44 HATES the lighter pellets, below 8 gr...may not be anything more than break-in or I need to drop the hammer pressure a bit to get the velo down below 1 K. Starting on the 8 gr+ maybe tomorrow, weather is still ******.

Went ahead and ordered the TalonP from Air Guns Depot...it should be here by end of day tomorrow...have a Talon Tunes moderator and scope on the "to order" list....Huma Regulators for the Hatsans and probably some regulator for the TalonP. Always something to beg, borrow, buy or make.

I have scope mount holes on two shooters to drill and tap...a forend to dovetail the mounts in...two levergun wildcat projects to complete and 4 other odds and ends projects to finish out...NOT including all the reloading I'm behind on...this summer will be a total madhouse even trying to wedge in some shooting.

I gotta stop this madness. Frowner Big Grin Roll Eyes lol

Good Hunting tu2 beer

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
You can not stop it. It creeps into your life. It is in your mind when you wake up at night to pee. Forget your short and curlies. Just trim them down. Maybe that will help. Welll just shave them off completely. Nothing for them to grab.
Feel better now? packy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
YEAH...that too...I even dream about those things(not the short and curlys but the airguns Eeker)

The Talon P came in...only took two days from order to arrival from AIR GUN DEPT and cheaper than Pyramyd.

This is one BA-DAZZ airgun and LOUD and has me looking at the Condors now. I'm ordering a Talon Tunes Moderator in a few minutes.

I have a .45 L bottle and regulator ordered and shipped from the other side of the pond to give me a few more regulated and accurate shots but that's 2-4 weeks away...ALWAYS "get in line and wait". Mad Frowner

I have TOO MANY PROJECTS waiting to be finished and this stuff gets in my way...can't think!!!!

Good Hunting tu2 beer

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
NON: Hope your weather cooperates soon!
The air rifle addiction sure can soak up the spare clams in a hurry.

Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah...WHAT spare clams...everytime I get a couple of those I gotta get rid of them before they spoil...all the fun I had in my mis-spent youth caught up with me so I can't drink, quit smoking...AND quit gambling, so I found I had money laying around without any supporting mechanisms.

At least I can still KILL things....RATTY THINGS. HAHAHAHA Went looking today and found three that were looking for rat Jesus...this year is really looking strange.

Couldn't stay still so ordered an AirForce 25 Cal Condor today...Jeezzzz...at least I can now compare a 12" and a 24" barreled airguns with the same configuration...EXCEPT for barrel length...apples and apples...one big and one small. rotflmo lol

Two days of sun and I can't be found inside and three days of rain and I can't get wet...I melt...BUT it's getting better. Roll Eyes

Good Hunting tu2 beer