New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipe Out question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bought my first can of Wipe Out. It states on can not to use oil in the barrel because has an
anti corrosive in it that prevents rust.

Anybody have feedback on this ?

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
ut. It states on can not to use oil in the barrel because has an
anti corrosive in it that preve

I run a patch light with oil down mine after using it.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wipe it dry with a few patches, then apply Eezox, have been for over 2yrs since I started using WipeOut and have had no problems. It may very well provide good protection by itself, but I know for a fact that Eezox does and for long term protection as well, so that's what I use, have been for 15yrs.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you use your rifle weekly Wipeout is fine.For longer storage I use the Tetra stuff or the Casey Sheath. I live 500 mtre from the ocean and have not seen any rust in the bore. I shoot military rifle comp and use and Enfield #4 mk11 for most comps.Just plain vanilla Wipeout goes down the bore of this one except when I don't plan to shoot for extended periods.The bore is always bright and shiny.It appears to foul less with prolonged use of just wipeout.Has any one else noticed this?
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rob
its no longer imported into australia
daniel

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
I always give the bore a light coat of oil after. I don`t know how well wipe out will protect but do I know what oil (Break Free, FP-10, ect) will do.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I have been using Wipe Out for several years and really believe in it, but I have never used moly or Silver Tips in my rifles. I just was given some 223 Winchester Silver Tips and want to use them. Does Wipe Out work on the coating?

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
For those of you who do use Wipe-out: do you ever send a brush down the barrel or do you follow the instructions and only use a patch?

Posts: 24 | Location: Round Rock, TX | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Patches only.There really is no need for a brush.If the bore is really dirty, give it another squirt and let it sit a while.
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigric:
For those of you who do use Wipe-out: do you ever send a brush down the barrel or do you follow the instructions and only use a patch?

I usually run a nylon brush with Shooter's Choice down first. It is my feeling that it does a better job if I can get the powder residue lifted first. But it's my gut feel.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote