New
Find
Notify
Tools

shooters choice aqua clean Bore Cleaner
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone tried this? Can't find much by googling and nothing in the search on AR.
Seems to have the same active ingredient as the foaming borecleaners but without the mess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Noboby tried it and able to give me an opinion?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never seen it on any of the local store shelves yet. Perhaps the Owners are waiting until people ask about it.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's being listed by some of the mail order suppliers and being aqueous based and non aerosol apparently it can be shipped by mail which is the advantage it holds for me. It is said to use monoethanolamine as the active ingredient which is the same as most of the foaming bore cleaners. The only other bore cleaner that I can have shipped is Hoppes Elite /M-Pro 7.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I finally got some to try. Used Hoppes Elite to get out the carbon followed by dry patches to remove any Hoppes residue. Then used the AquaClean on a bristle brush and waited five minutes before a single dry patch which came out very blue. Repeated this once more before drying the bore and then one pass with oil. Bore free of carbon and copper, no smell, no foaming mess. Going to try the AquaClean by itself and see how it handles the carbon but this combination looks like it may be my preferred method now.
First cold shot was in group but this particular rifle seems to do this anyway so can't generalise yet.