New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Trick
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys I have found a way to make sharpshootr's patch out work way more effectively than standard wipe out. I hope the guy at Wipe Out doesnt get mad at me for sharing this idea because I did call and tell him about it but have seen nothing on his web site about it or heard nothing about how he liked the idea so here goes. You use the accelerator the same way and run a patch down the barrel. Go to Home Depot and you can buy 10 feet of the clear tubing for about 3 bucks. Get a small tube of epoxy FOR PLASTIC also at Home Depot. Now steal the wifes foaming dish washing liquid dispenser made by dawn. The clear tubing should barely fit into the nozzle of the dispenser. Use rubbing alcohol to clean the inside of the nozzle and outside of the tube. mix up a little of the epoxy and coat about an inch and a half of the tube but not all the way to the end or it will get into the tubing. insert it into the nozzle of the dispenser making sure that the epoxy seals all the cracks around the tubing. Cut the tubing about 8 inches long this way it is flexible enough to manuever into the chamber of any rifle. Rinse th dispenser out very very well and fill it with patchout. YAAAAA foaming Patch out. It is a lot stronger than wipe out and works faster. My dispenser has not worn out yet and I have been using it for months and with the same bottle of patch out. I think you guys will like it. If I could post a picture I would.

Posts: 168 | Location: Thomaston GA, USA | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Your invention sounds great. I'd like to see pictures (especially of the foam dispenser). So keep working on getting them !

Be safe banana

"The only thing a pistol is good for, is to fight your way back to your rifle"...... the late Jeff Cooper

Posts: 12 | Location: North Idaho | Registered: 25 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Russ,
If you want to email me a picture I'll post if for you.

Kyler

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote